How to stop sellers from overseas faking Australian stock

jabl4815
Community Member

So I am new to Ebay (Yeah I know right LOL) already 3 times I have had sellers claiming australian stock. only to be given chinese shipping company tracking numbers. or sellers using dropship tracking.

So I am wondering how they got around this. I spoke to Australia Post about this. They told me how they do this. They send Australia post a message saying they intend to enter a package into the system. 
I asked australia post howthey can get around this. and they said. that they need to have overseas postage companies need unique Identifyers. 
so if package comes from the UK they have a unique code in front of the tracking 

so if this package was in australia 
it would be
PPF100987 

If it came from the UK it should have 
08PPF100987 

that way when a seller enters this onto ebay tracking  to show Ppal and the buyer that the package is moving. Ebay's api would realize this and start action. 
Thats how you can help local/national ebay purchasing. work with mail companies to issueunique identifier codes 

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Here at eboy,  we take your thought bubbles seriously.   I has been actioned and suitably filed.

Oh Sorry, not the real ebay here.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

As has been said in the many other threads about this, on the buying board, where this will also probably end up, there are some precautions YOU can take.

When you check the seller's feedback (as you surely do before any purchase) there is a section which shows where the seller is registered. If they are registered in China, there is a better than even chance that the item is coming from China. Some Chinese sellers do keep stock in Australia, but the majority don't.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

You can't stop them because eGay doesn't care where they are from, as long as the $$$ keeps rolling in.
They don't give a flying F#@k about you or anyone else..... It's all about the money guys. Haven't they made that clear all along?

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

When you discover how 4PL (Forth Party Logistics) operate you will see how easy it is to ship 'Australian' stock to Aussies in reasonable time frames.

4PL providors interface their software into Australia Post eParcel and some Chinese sellers actually use eParcel from overseas.

Your idea is sound but no one will use it as tracking numbers are unique to carriers regardless of source or destination.

Australia Post has a 4PL service in partnership with Sai Cheng Logistics.

Suggest next time you buy, do your homework on the Seller and read this huge thread front to back.

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/SCAM-Chinese-sellers-misrepresenting-item-location-Equick/m-...
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply