How when you win an item can it just disappear of the system with no record that I even won it.

I won an item ,I was watching the countdown and instantaly the item and any record of it had disappeared of the system. Can someone explain how this can happen.

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

How when you win an item can it just disappear of the system with no record that I even won it.

item number or title?

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

How do you know you won? Did you get a notification?

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

Usually when that happens it's because eBay has deemed it contravenes rules and cancels the listing.

(Often a copyright holder reports it to eBay)

Look under completed listings.

image host
Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Usually when that happens it's because eBay has deemed it contravenes rules and cancels the listing.

(Often a copyright holder reports it to eBay)

Look under completed listings.

Nope.  If that's the case then it just disappears.

Much like the OP has said.

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

I know, in case it might be something other than eBay removing it.

If it's not in completed then eBay has removed it.

image host
Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

It has been a while since the OP has used ebay.....I wonder if he has not seen the new bidding in action and does not know where to look for the original listing.

But it should be in his Purchase History if he was the winner.

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

Good point, may have been sniped in last second.

erarca, Check Bids/offers then you will see - 

Items you didn't win will now show in the Didn't win section of this page.

And click on Didn't win or scroll down.

(Wow 6000 already, I remember when you clocked 5000)

image host
Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

@erarca02 wrote:

I won an item ,I was watching the countdown and instantaly the item and any record of it had disappeared of the system. Can someone explain how this can happen.

That sounds wierd but I'm sure I had a similar experience. I bid on a couple of 70s electronics / hi-fi mags in the US or UK, can't remember now as it was a long time ago. Anyway, it doesn't matter. I clearly recall putting bids on both! At the end of the auction, there was no record of my having bid on one of them. I contacted the seller as well as eBay. No explanation could be given except that I didn't bid on the other one. Thing is, I remembered doing it and all that happens when you put on a bid happens. So what happened??? Maybe my computer had a fault. I still don't know.

Anyway, sorry to hear this happened to you. If you ever work out what happened then please let us know.

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

It is too late now but if you ever think you have bid on an item and there is no record of it you can always check your emails.....I get notification of all bids I have placed.

If you have them turned off I suggest turning them back on as it makes it easy to double check what bids you have placed.

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply