I hate Global Shipping

I purchased 2 bushings from the USA and got a meessage on 26th April that I wouldnt receive my items until the 4th June.  The cost of shipping these bushings was $28 USD via this service which is expensive and ridicusouly slow.  They could have gone in a USPS flat rate box for much less and a lot quicker. I hate this **bleep** and will never buy from anyone using this shipping method.  Typical Ebay just doing what they like and screwing with buyers and sellers.  Thanks for making the whole experience much worse.

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: I hate Global Shipping

Don't use the GSP if you don't like it.

But I very much doubt you would have got it quicker using USPS. There is a global pandemic at the moment, in case you didn't notice, and mail/freight is just one of many things being disrupted.

I realise you probably think (like a lot of buyers) that you shouldn't be inconvenienced by that, but it is still the current situation.

Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

So why choose to buy from someone using it in the first place?

You were aware of the cost before you bought, and you are well aware of the massive mail delays in ALL postal service in countries all around the world

Nobody here made the 'experience' much worse for you, nobody here had anything to do with your purchase choice

Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

@plymouthred wrote:

I purchased 2 bushings from the USA and got a meessage on 26th April that I wouldnt receive my items until the 4th June.  The cost of shipping these bushings was $28 USD via this service which is expensive and ridicusouly slow.  They could have gone in a USPS flat rate box for much less and a lot quicker. I hate this **bleep** and will never buy from anyone using this shipping method.  Typical Ebay just doing what they like and screwing with buyers and sellers.  Thanks for making the whole experience much worse.

I hear you and I sympathise with you. I'll avoid it whereever I can! The best thing to do is contact the seller first and see if they will re-list the item(s) with USPS or whatever other as the shippping. Most sellers I have approached are more than happy to do so. Many have no idea that overseas buyers will have the items sent via Global Shipping.

One seller I dealt with was a seasoned seller. He had no idea what Global Shipping was. Some of his auctions were via GSP and some were to be calculated by the seller.

Message 4 of 21
Latest reply

Quote "Many have no idea that overseas buyers will have the items sent via Global Shipping. " I find that hard to belive when the seller is given a US shipping Address  

Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

@plymouthred wrote:

I hear you and I sympathise with you. I'll avoid it whereever I can! The best thing to do is contact the seller first and see if they will re-list the item(s) with USPS or whatever other as the shippping. Most sellers I have approached are more than happy to do so. Many have no idea that overseas buyers will have the items sent via Global Shipping.

One seller I dealt with was a seasoned seller. He had no idea what Global Shipping was. Some of his auctions were via GSP and some were to be calculated by the seller.

Good luck with that. Any seller opted into managed payments (which will be all of them in a couple of months) cannot sell internationally. Period. Even using the GSP.

Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

Good luck with that. Any seller opted into managed payments (which will be all of them in a couple of months) cannot sell internationally. Period. Even using the GSP.

WHAT ???  I didn't realise that sellers on managed payments wouldn't be allowed to sell internationally - that's gonna cause some frothing at the mouth.................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

Read twygwyn's thread about it. It's in there somewhere.

All I know is what I've read on the boards. I haven't been invited to join as yet.

Mind you if they give me 250k listings, I will probably opt-in early. And knock my store back to Basic. It will still be cheaper, especially when sales go back to normal.

Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

On this thread dave ?

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/the-roll-out-of-ebay-managed-payments/m-p/2320740#M197853

If it is I'll have a gander tomorrow when I've got a bit of time. Seems to me eBay would lose a pile of money if they introduce that across the board.

Spoiler
.............it would shut our mate up though..............original.gif

Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

Found it {I think} but it made my head spin after the first paragraph.............

5. Managed Payments Limitations
Notwithstanding any other terms on the eBay Services, for sellers whose accounts are enabled for managed payments:

You may not list items directly on any of eBay's international Services, nor direct us to display listings on eBay Services other than the eBay Service on which you originally listed. This includes the international site visibility advanced listing upgrade, which currently is unavailable. For more information, please see “Charity, International Listings, and International Site Visibility” in Section 4 of these Payments Terms of Use.
The Global Shipping Program currently is unavailable. Any listings utilizing the Global Shipping Program at the time you opt in to having us manage your payments automatically will be configured to remove reference to the Global Shipping Program and you will no longer be able to ship the item to a parcel processing facility located in the United States in order to fulfill orders for your international buyers.
eBay Authenticate currently is not compatible with managed payments.
You cannot use eBay for Charity at this time. For more information, please see “Charity, International Listings, and International Site Visibility” in Section 4.
Exchanges and replacements are not supported through eBay Services in connection with returns.
We will not manage payments for offline payment methods (such as bank or personal check, money order and payment on pickup) offered in some listings through the eBay accounts that are enabled for managed payments. Vehicles deposits also will not be included in payments managed by eBay Commerce. These listings are subject to eBay’s payment policies and any other terms about payments that may appear on the eBay Services, including terms relating to the payment and disbursement methods available to you for such listings.
You will be opted in to Seller Hub, which will be the place for you to obtain payments information (e.g., your recent settlements) for managed payments transactions.
This list serves as a guide to you, but may not be exhaustive of all exclusions for managed payments.

Message 10 of 21
Latest reply