the roll out of ebay managed payments

i'm sure a lot or most of you probably received the managed payments email this morning. in case you didn't, or missed here - ebay is rolling out managed payments later in the year with pre-registration opening shortly.

more info is located at https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/managed-payments

Message 1 of 699
Latest reply
698 REPLIES 698

Re: the roll out of ebay managed payments

I got an email offering to join managed payments today

It offered me 250 000 free insertions per month

I tried to sign up to managed payments - but I can't

So the 250 000 free listings per month offer I should never have got, and I cannot sign up to managed payments at this time

Message 101 of 699
Latest reply

You have to remember to also add in the 1% International sales fee plus the Seller Currency Conversion charge of 3% if you sell overseas - making a total fee for an overseas sale of 14.7% plus 30 cents (if you sell collectables)

Message 102 of 699
Latest reply

@oz-e-seller wrote:

I tried to register for the managed payments but I only get to the very first screen where the ID is required. The options are only drivers license, passport or visa. I don't have any of these. So not sure how I'm going to get on their system anyway. Am waiting on chat to find out.

I don't either, but I suspect it will be the same as elsewhere - government issued photo ID is what they really want, so a proof of age card should suffice (I've provided mine in all 3 of the above instances). If not, they will be shutting down my store in a couple of months, I guess. 

I had got a POA card back in 2007 as I don't drive but photo ID is handy, and used it for years (it never expires), but I've moved a few times since and also ultimately misplaced it (it's here somewhere, I just have NFI where, and it has a years-old address on it) so when earlier this year Shop*fy decided they needed to verify my identity (and froze my funds in the interim), I had to hastily organise a reissue or new one. This was just after the peak of all the shutdowns hit so I was really peeved at the timing - phoned up the department that handles the re-issuing so I could make sure they had my current address etc, and because I couldn't come in to take a new photo (required if the one on file is 10+ years old) they reissued it with the 2007 photo, so I guess that was a bonus. Took 2 weeks to arrive in the mail after that (I look mostly the same, just have some grey hair now Smiley Sad Smiley LOL ). 

Message 103 of 699
Latest reply

I have a POA card but the screen won't let you progress until you enter the drivers license or passport number. There's no option to upload photo ID, they just want the number. My POA card doesn't have any kind of reference number I can type in the space instead. I tried typing my birth certificate ID number in there hoping it would ask for a scan of it or something on the next page but nope it just says invalid drivers license number. There has to be enough non-passport holding non-drivers around for this to be a bit of an issue I would think, surely it's not that rare!

Message 104 of 699
Latest reply

@oz-e-seller wrote:

I have a POA card but the screen won't let you progress until you enter the drivers license or passport number. 

In SA they're issued by the same department that issues driver's licenses (or they were) so mine has the same number that my driver's license had, back when I actually had one, so I guess that means I can use it, still.

And yeah, if those are the only two options currently provided, it's either a severe oversight on eBay's behalf, or an intentional culling of people whose.... circumstances eBay doesn't approve of?? Might have to get back on the phone to them, I already complained about the lack of registration options but didn't realise there were more issues to complain about. Smiley LOL 

Message 105 of 699
Latest reply

Received a call from ebay today regarding having to join shortly as my account will be switched in July. Asked about this partial refund issue and mentioned I could still get my fees reimbursed in Paypal when I process either a full or part refund. They said no other seller they had spoken to so far received the fees back in Paypal so I gathered it was something they did not have to allow for.

Message 106 of 699
Latest reply

@eol-products wrote:

Asked about this partial refund issue and mentioned I could still get my fees reimbursed in Paypal 

Smiley Surprised

I knew they had been rolling it out over a couple of months, but didn't know there were still accounts that had their fees reimbursed when refunding (lucky, lol).

Such a typical non-answer from eBay, though. PayPal refunding (or not) isn't really the point, but since they made it one, I would have pointed out that they patted themselves on the back quite heartily for allowing for fee credits on (full) refunds while cristicising PayPal for not doing the same, lol.  

Message 107 of 699
Latest reply

The ebay rep said I had been the only one in the last 500 they had spoken to that had the paypal fees reimbursed and gathered they where not aware it still happened. It works on both my accounts and I pointed out that I would be worse off with the new system in this regard. Luckily I only process a few a month so most likely will not be an issue.

Message 108 of 699
Latest reply

I have two Paypal accounts and refund fees are still being reimbursed on one of them but not the other. I don't know why but wasn't game to question it lol.

Message 109 of 699
Latest reply

This sounds all too confusing ....well thats the end of my ebay activites when this comes in

Message 110 of 699
Latest reply