the roll out of ebay managed payments

i'm sure a lot or most of you probably received the managed payments email this morning. in case you didn't, or missed here - ebay is rolling out managed payments later in the year with pre-registration opening shortly.

more info is located at https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/managed-payments

Message 1 of 699
Latest reply
698 REPLIES 698

Bro why do they need to know our drivers license number the aren't are financial firm nor a telco, not changing to this lol.. For example my friend who lives here is a permanent resident legally allowed to work, but doesn't have a license or passport. Also sells on services on ebay . They don't even allow services under managed payments. This is so dumb. I wish we could create a poll to see who has actually switched.
Message 111 of 699
Latest reply

You should contact paypal my man, all ours are fine. or even afca. We contacted afca everytime we have to refund someone for change of mind after they rolled out the non refunding of fees prior to covid. Absolute joke you got charged fees to refund.
Message 112 of 699
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like big brother is going to press the opt-in button for us.

Sorry if this has been asked but...

Will we really need a business account ?

I have been quite happy using a Visa-Debit card linked to

an NAB Classic account.

Is anyone else in the same boat who has cleared this

up with eBay ?

Message 113 of 699
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

@oz-e-seller wrote:

I have a POA card but the screen won't let you progress until you enter the drivers license or passport number. 

In SA they're issued by the same department that issues driver's licenses (or they were) so mine has the same number that my driver's license had, back when I actually had one, so I guess that means I can use it, still

Digi, just to clarify a few things about the POA card in NSW.

I have never held either a passport or driver's license so in sheer desperation I decided to apply for a POA card.

I jumped through many many more hoops to provide the documentation needed than my OH had to do to obtain his driver's license.  When I was finally given the OK I had my photo taken....it is so bad and the image is so washed out that it can hardly be recognised.....it cannot be photocopied.  They refused to take another photo.

I was then given a choice of expiry dates so I chose the longest term, in theory making it cheaper but I still paid something like $150 even though I was a senior at the time.

I just checked the cost and see that it now costs peanuts so I am even more upset.

In all the time I have had it I have never found anywhere that will accept it except for a local chemist.  Even the PO will not accept it.

I have to say it is the most expensive and useless piece of plastic that I have in my wallet.

Message 114 of 699
Latest reply

Do you process many refunds on that account. In 200 sales per month I may do 5. 

Message 115 of 699
Latest reply

We do quite a few postage refunds, and the fees are still being re-imbursed for those.

The last full refund we did was a couple of months ago, and the fees were also re-imbursed for that one.
Message 116 of 699
Latest reply

@oz-e-seller,

Perhaps a Keypass ID would be accepted?

It's accepted as proof of identity Australia-wide, including for ❝some financial activities ❞ and ❝To prove your ID as a small business or home office owner❞.

ID documents for the application

1. ONE of the following: your Australian birth certificate, a citizen certificate, either Australian or foreign passport, Australian visa, or ImmiCard. Obviously birth certificate will be possible to supply for any person born in Australia and is probably the easiest for you.
            PLUS...
  2. ONE of a secondary list that includes D/L, passport, Working with Children card, Proof of Age card, Student ID, etc. For people who don't have a driver licence and don't have a passport, the Proof of Age card is a good option. If you don't have a Proof of Age card, it's worth getting.
    (@Lyndal, I feel for you! A washed-out photograph that can't even be used...? That's ridiculous! I'd be (politely) pushing for a reissued card with new photograph, using all of my oratory and more until a satisfactory result ensued.)
       (Just as an aside - the POA card can be obtained with just a birth certificate and Medicare card.)
            PLUS...
  3. ONE of a third list that includes debit/credit card, tax assessment statement notice, or Medicare card. Medicare card would probably be easiest.

That's it - unless the ID documents above don't show your current address, or have a different name. If that's the case, you'd also have to show something like a recent utility invoice showing current address, and/or show Change of Name certificate or Registry-issued Certificate of Marriage.

Message 117 of 699
Latest reply

I love early adopters, they iron out all the bugs. I'll sign up at the very last minute when everything's been solved. Keep up the good work everyone !
Message 118 of 699
Latest reply

Countess, the POA card is very easy to obtain now....but not when I applied for mine.

The funniest thing was that my birth certificate was in my maiden name (naturally) but to keep the "chain of evidence" to my current name I had to produce my divorce certificate as well as both marriage certificates.

Message 119 of 699
Latest reply

The whole issue of documentation to prove identity has changed radically. I can imagine a ream of documents being required in the earlier days of creating the Proof of Age ID.

Digital information has its benefits but also the drawbacks of its own nature.

Message 120 of 699
Latest reply