I left negative feedback for a seller here on eBay. Then, & 4 days later it has been removed?

How & why in the heck did a Negative Feedback that I left for a seller here on eBay a short time ago just go away without my permission & without notification from eBay of the removed Negative Feedback?  I myself am shocked & have never experienced this happen before after being a member on eBay for going on 8 years...  That is pretty lame & corrupt if sellers are, and have found & figured out ways behind buyers backs to remove Negative Feedback that was left for them!!  I am not happy about this being a buyer! Man Mad

If this is the new eBay where sellers can now get all or almost all posted Negative Feedback removed without a requested buyers revision request, than that is pretty screwed up & will leave all buyers at risk with virtually all of us no longer truly knowing if a seller on eBay is reliable or trustworthy because they are somehow getting through to removing any or all Negative Feedback that is left for them from previous buyers so that they can look & appear to have all & only Positive Feedback.

I do not know how this is happening now or even allowed on eBay unless there is a Loophole or a Hack that eBay is not aware of that needs to be seriously addressed & looked into by eBay so that it is not allowed or able to happen again with these sneaky & stealth sellers who are causing their own Negative Feedback from sellers in the first place!!

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: I left negative feedback for a seller here on eBay. Then, & 4 days later it has been removed

Her's probably settled down a bit in the last five months.

Message 21 of 26
Latest reply

Re: I left negative feedback for a seller here on eBay. Then, & 4 days later it has been removed

This happened very recently to us as well. Purchased a mobile phone. (Australia) It was defective. Left factual feedback regarding phone explaining it was defective, and the defect. The feedback that was left was removed without revision request, or notice from ebay. This undermines the feedback system, and hides from future buyers issues with products. Such dishonesty is revolting. Wasn't able to open a case on E.  Had to go through pp. Only then did we hear from the seller, who was angry about the negative review which was purely about the product.  Seller seems to think that a buyer who is refunded on a defective product without letting people know of the defect, deserves a 5* feedback rating. How many future customers are going to fall for the same thing?  It's not right. 

Message 22 of 26
Latest reply

Your red dot in feedback is still there for the seller you were yelling at in reply to their feedback to you

What actually was the comment you left?

Did you mention a dispute/refund in the wording?

Did you leave a review as feedback?

(Was it feedback or review?

Two different things)

Feedback is for sellers 

5 star rating has nothing to do with it

Why were you not able to open a case through eBay?

if it arrived defective and you did'nt wait no reason not to be able to

And very little to do with this post from 2019

Message 23 of 26
Latest reply

Why have you used a thread last posted on THREE and a half years ago to express your view?

I suspect a moderator will be along to lock this old thread. You may want to “start a discussion” if you want to explore the feedback issue further.

For future reference, you can see the date of a post on the top right of said post.

Message 24 of 26
Latest reply

Why didn't you go through the money back guarantee to get a refund if the item was faulty? You're not exactly a new buyer. 

Screaming at someone via a feedback reply isn't going to achieve anything.

Why the heck would you buy a phone on ebay? Oh, it was cheap, and was genuine, pffft? NEVER EVER buy phones or technology from ebay, or any online site unless you can prove they were reputable.

Message 25 of 26
Latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 26 of 26
Latest reply