I purchased an item yesterday and today ebay advises that they have removed the item. WHY!

Yesteday I purchased a buy now item and went through the process of paying via PayPal at the end of it.

Today I receive a message from eBay saying

We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction.

Since you've already paid for this item, you don't need to do anything else. If your item hasn't arrived yet, it should arrive soon.

If you have questions, please click "Customer Support" at the top of most eBay pages.

What the, why has ebay removed the listing, you can't get onto Customer Support to find out why.

Is eBay wiping there hands of this or what.

PayPal (an ebay company) was very quick to take the money.

No decent explanation as to why this has happened.

Do I have to wait now for two weeks for PayPal to reach their judgement and return funds.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: I purchased an item yesterday and today ebay advises that they have removed the item. WHY!

there could be any number of reasons for ebay to caancel the listing, most likely because it was a copy/ fake / replica of a Branded item.

open a dispute in paypal, escalate to a claim, making a note that the item is no longer listed on ebay and you'll get your $$ back

if it shoulld happen to turn up, you can always pay the seller again

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Re: I purchased an item yesterday and today ebay advises that they have removed the item. WHY!

Just go off ebay chat.

Was told for privacy reasons they couldn't tell me why the item was removed.

That is bull**bleep**.

The seller still has that item listed for sale, and still has over 600 other items listed .

So why just this one listing.

eBay are so pedantic that they will remove an item because the quality of the picture isn't good enough.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Just proceed as you would for any other purchase, give it enough time to arrive and if it doesn't openn a dispute, if it arrives and is nt as described ope a dispute.

It makes no difference to Paypal if it is an item removed from ebay or not, Paypal's procedure is based on the transfer of funds and that is all they are invoved in.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

@capricorntrading wrote:

eBay are so pedantic that they will remove an item because the quality of the picture isn't good enough.

Yes, that is true.  eBay informed all sellers over one year ago, that as from august, 2014, all photos had to be of a certain size/pixel, to be used in listings.

sellers had over a year to gradually see that all their photos complied with the new systems eBay would be using.

most sellers did the hard work and changed their photos progressively

some sellers shrugged their shoulders and say ' oh yeah, whatever'

that 'whatever' is now the removal of photos that do not meet the ebay system requirements.

it is not likely that is why your sellers items were removed 'after' the sale.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

The same thing happened to me. I still had my item delivered. It does happen from time to time.
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply