I won an item at auction on the 20th of sept and the money has been paid to the seller

reds888
Community Member

i won an item on the auction and the money has been taken out of my bank account but the item hasnt been sent...have emailed seller and havent heard anything back...what can i do

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: I won an item at auction on the 20th of sept and the money has been paid to the seller

Did you pay by PayPal or one of the other safe payment methods?

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

Re: I won an item at auction on the 20th of sept and the money has been paid to the seller

Often sellers don't mark items as posted even when they have posted them.

Also many ebayers are only on their computers a few times a week.

From the 20th it is only 3 working days so far too early to be concerned.

If you haven't heard anything by this weekend I would send another polite message asking if they could just give you confirmation that the item has been sent.

If you paid via PayPal, you have 45 days to open a case for non receipt of item and that gives you a further 20 days before needing to escalate to a claim. (Some countries' postage time can be 3-5 weeks)

image host
Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

i paid by paypal...

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

What are the seller's terms? And where are they? I don't think you need to panic just yet. If you haven't heard anything in a few days you can open a dispute.

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

i had to pay by paypal and the seller is in Sydney...the money was taken from paypal on sunday that is what my concern is and the seller has been on ebay purchasing items since then but hasnt replied to my email...i have never had this problem before as all the sellers i deal with are great

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

Have you checked the sellers handling time? Whilst I don't think it is best practice to ignore buyer messages, I think the handling time they have put on their listing needs to be considered too before taking action.
Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

the handling time says 4-5 days delivery time and payment to be made within 3 days of winning bid...i paid it as soon as i won the bid

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

I wouldn't even give it a thought until at least 10 working days had passed since cleared payment, I would then send one email asking if there was a tracking number and if no reply to provide one I would open an item not received dispute once 15 working days had gone by and escalate a week later. Add at least 10 days more to each stage if it was overseas.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

the seller is from Sydney...all the other items i purchased on the same day have been delivered 

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply