Interesting Observation, ebay is continuously deleting negative feedback.

So I placed an order and left a rare negative feedback for REMOVED. Out of curiosity a week later I went online to look at the feedback and saw it no longer existed. Since then I have noticed that ebay is constantly deleting negative feedback for REMOVED. REMOVED would have potentially thousands of negative feedback score otherwise. If you take a look at their latest negative feedback and come back to find it in a week it will all have been deleted. Another interesting observation was that I sent coles a message regarding my issues before leaving feedback and the reply itself seemed to come from ebay staff with a generic reply, not coles staff. 

What are your thoughts on this?

Now anyone shopping on ebay with REMOVED should be aware that an order will only be honoured if your local store has it in stock. They will make no effort to order the item in and send it once it is in stock. If they do not have it or stock it your order will be cancelled. So the ebay stock is only a guide and REMOVED will not make any attempt to get the item you ordered from ebay if the local store does not have it at the time of packing your order to ship. Refunds will also be done up to a week later, not the time the item(s) are cancelled. 

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

eBay will always remove negs if the complaint is in relation to information that was made freely available to customers before they purchased. To eBay, it's basically like leaving a neg that says "seller did exactly what they said they would in X circumstances", even if it means you don't end up with what you wanted - or, in other words, sellers are allowed to have T&Cs. 

The issue re: stock availabilty, and the cancellation / refund timeframe, is listed under the "What you need to know" info page. 

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Yes but is it not unusual to be deleting so many negative comments. If smaller sellers were to receive negative comments ebay generally refuse to remove them, even if your terms are listed. 

Regarding my reason for the negative I definitely appreciate what you are saying  and understand items run out of stock. My issue was that the way the they operate means if an item is even temprarily out of stock then it gets cancelled. This is an unusual way to do business. For example I order an item on Wednesday, they pack it on the Thursday and send it out. This seems like great service. The issue is they might be out of stock numerous items and so they send what they have, even if their stock shows the products that are missing are due to arrive on the Friday (In this example). Basically they make no effort to fulfill your order if they don't have it. in this case I believe negative feedback should be allowed. In my case I went into the store that delivered it 3 days later and the item was in stock on the shelf. It seems like poor practice and means you cant be guaranteed to get anything you order. So in my view, based on my experience, I believe a lot of the negative comments are justified and should not be deleted.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Fair point - Admittedly, businesses like Coles are granted more leeway to make their sales subject to terms and conditions, moreso than your regular pleb seller at any rate (it's technically against eBay policies to list items you know you don't have - I guess there's no policy against listing items you're not sure you have Smiley Surprised Smiley LOL ). 

The more info page for Coles pretty much just says the listings are indications of what might be available - that's cool for a catalogue for people to look through, not so cool for listings on eBay JMHO In a situation like a national retailer where orders can be filled by various locations, I get that it's not possible to guarantee availability, but they make it sound like you're basically sending money to ask "do you have this?", which seems like a crazy way to try and do business on eBay.

They should have just stuck to the discounted vouchers to use at their own online stores. 

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Might be in the wording (unless it is the store reporting it,rather than eBay bots picking something up)

With a red dot

In the words of Forrest Gump

You never know what you're gonna get Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I think a deal had been done for ebay to manage Customer care. If you send a message to the store it is ebay who reply. Which is also why I find this interesting.
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Maybe it's because only The Other Supermarket is allowed to have Red Spot Specials. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Oh, well done  clapping smiley.gif10 kudos for that gem.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply