International purchase 8 days ago, being posted via the GSP. no tracking information

Hello Everyone.  Purchased an item 8 days ago.  It is through the Global shipping program. The item was

marked as posted day after purchase. The tracking information remains unchanged.  It states ''A tracking number was provided''  

I contacted the seller on day 6, and again today, day 8.  Explained the tracking information, asked if they could check to see if all is well, and let me know. No response from initial contact with seller.  Nothing yet with second query. Nothing else I can do. Have to wait until the estimated date of arrival; mid July.  Anyone else experienced lack of tracking information through the GSP? It's not nice. 

Message 1 of 38
Latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

International purchase 8 days ago, being posted via the GSP. no tracking information

Thank you everyone for your replies.  I appreicate all your information and your time.  

I have heard from the seller of the item.  They have informed me, their carrier told them, the item was lost in transit' They have organized a replacement.  

This raises a number of questions.  That seems weird to me. However, I kept it at one question, which was, 'Will the replacement have a new tracking number?  

This is the fourth time with the Global shipping program.  The first was stressful - parcel was marked as delivered to us

when it had not been. Stressful resolving that.  The second time was brilliant, excellent service.  Third is showing all signs of being the same.  

Fourth... this purchase....currently not great, hopefully all will be well though.

Message 21 of 38
Latest reply

I always try to avoid the GSP, and after the introduction of the GST even more. Lost in transit at the very beginning of the journey?

I only used it twice, as I said before, and luckily the parcels arrived fine, but I have heard too many horror stories and usually it is far too expensive.

Yes, you should get a new tracking number. If you don't ask the seller in a few days. Every new parcel has a new tracking number.

Message 22 of 38
Latest reply

Good Morning David.  That always worries me with purchases.  Breakages occur when carelessness is involved.  😞

First experience with GSP - stressful.  Parcel was marked as delivered to us, when it had not been. 

Second was 5* excellence. Third showing all signs of being same. Fourth...current...not great. 

Message 23 of 38
Latest reply

Thanks Mariq,  I have noticed the GST on international purchases is paid in the currency of the country you are buying from. It's called import charges.  

Yes, weird isn't it. A parcel lost at the beginning of it's journey.  Raises a number of questions.  If nothing has changed in a weeks time, 

I will contact the seller again.  However, any issues after that, I will seek a full refund. Something seems amiss to me. 

Have a good weekend

Message 24 of 38
Latest reply

I said at the beginning that the tracking indicated that either the seller had prepared the item for posting but not done so or the item had been posted but not scanned.

It looks like I was correct.  You can blame the seller or USPS but not the GSP .....the item never reached Erlanger to be processed into the GSP.

Message 25 of 38
Latest reply

Thanks Lyndal,  Yes, I think the seller is at fault with this purchase.  I will give them until the end of the month. Then I will seek a full refund, if nothing has changed.  

Message 26 of 38
Latest reply

Only one tracking number was provided. (order number was not present at that time) However, updating after researching, the only different information from today, now on the pitney bowes website actually shows the order number I immediately typed this in, and email address. It gave me the same information already shared, (Same tracking number now showing with order number, for the purchase that was apparently lost in transit) PLUS  the location of where the lost purchase was actually coming from, (dunfernline GB) not the same as the location listed on the listing. (USA)  

The seller messaged me and informed me I would have new tracking for the replacement they organised by today.  Hasn't happened yet.  It's been difficult obtaining any information. 

The tracking still states a label was created, not yet in system, and on ebay it states ' A tracking number was provided'

Query:  If an item is coming from a different location other than listed, would this item travel all the way to the processing centre

in USA to be processed before being sent out to the purchaser? Doesn't seem logical if so.

Two purchases within the GSP now. Both exactly the same.  Something is amiss.  How long should I wait for this one mentioned here? I thought end of this month if nothing has changed, (33 days) I would have to seek a refund, not that I want to, considering I want the item purchased.  Or will buyers have to wait 6 - 8 weeks for GSP items now?

Message 27 of 38
Latest reply

If the item is being sent from the UK it will probably be sent through the GSP in that country.  It sounds like the seller had no more stock and has had to source the replacement from another supplier.

My only experience with a replacement item was when the seller had a replacement and sent it out from the original location.

My original item did not reach Erlanger either.....the new item had a new tracking number to get to Erlanger where PB issued a new number when it left the USA.

If your item does come straight from the UK it may be quicker than from the USA.....that has been my experience both with the GSP and Royal Mail.....much more efficient than USPS and GSP from the USA.

Message 28 of 38
Latest reply

Good Morning Lyndal,  It sounds like that to me as well. Item out of stock, so they organized a replacement. Which would explain the difference in location listed, as to where item was actually being sent from.  

It would be nice to have been informed of such, instead of being told the item was lost in transit.  Communication has not been easy, unfortunately.  No change yet.  

GSP for us has been  fast post and immediate tracking information that is regularly updated. The initial stressful experience was a parcel through the GSP being marked as delivered when it had not been.  This current experience is not pleasant.  This purchase is in limbo. 

Message 29 of 38
Latest reply

No change to date.  

Message 30 of 38
Latest reply