Is it fair that a seller claims to be in Australia <Removed> when he is located in China?

I purchased a couple of micro S.D. cards , from an Ebay seller <Removed> claiming to be located in Sydney N.S.W., assuming I would receive them within the week, only to find out these items are coming from China and will take 3 weeks!!

Why cannot there be transparency in these dealings!! 

regards ,

edarylch

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Is it fair that a seller claims to be in Australia when he is located in China?

Report the seller.

There is a specific category for misrepresentation of item location.

image host
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Re: Is it fair that a seller claims to be in Australia when he is located in China?

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Why would you assume that a Chinese seller with an obviously Chinese ID and terrible feedback would be telling the truth about Item Location?

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Some chinese sellers do have a warehouse here as well. Often they have ads with 2 tiers of pricing for the same items held here vs sent from china. Its a pity for the honest ones that others just lie about location. It is hard to tell from an ad but 1 thing I have noticed is that a lot of the liars won't deliver to PO boxes and I suspect the carriers who conceal their location are behind that rule. PO Box phobia is quite valid in the US where they are located in 711 stores but here in Australia no seller has reason to exclude PO Boxes.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

If a seller is using a courier for delivery then they will not send to a PO Box as couriers cannot deliver to PO Boxes.

In the case of your seller there are several feedback saying that the items were sent from China and if you look for SD cards in their store they have been removed by ebay which probably means they are fakes anyway.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

No I mean the sellers who claim to use australia post and then when you get to checkout you get flagged that they won't deliver to PO boxes. We all know Australia Post will deliver to any of their PO boxes and I have often noticed that these sellers turn out to be drop shippers or based overseas and lying about item location.

FYI I'm not the original poster and in this case it is not my seller. I was just offering the observation that not all chinese based sellers lie about location and that for me at least their feedback or how chinese their name sounds hasn't been associated with how honest they are about where they are holding the item.

My suggestion about local sellers who claim to use aus post and yet won't accept PO boxes is the only consistent clue I have found connected to sellers lying about the items location. Of course, there is the obvious clue of free postage by parcel post or some rediculous amount usually over $100 for express post. Never tried one of those sellers but I'm sure the prohibitive price for express is because there not really here.

Living in a rural location I always check that delivery is by Australia Post before purchasing but occasionally get a paypal message refusing to process payment as the seller won't accept PO Box. It nearly always turns out to be a drop shipper or overseas seller and I usually know that by the clues on the packaging or the postmarks. Yes, I do get the items. I simply change my address from 'PO Box xxx' to 'Post Office Box xxx' and pay the invoice. Yet to have a seller cancel the sale and refund payment.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Ridiculous is spelt with 2x i's. There are no e's in ridiculous.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

I'm surprised you didn't pick up the grammar on there/they're. Surely that and not the typo was the greater insult to the Queen's English. Hopefully everyone understood what I meant. I'll try to do better in future.
Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

There/they're doesn't really worry me that much. Ridiculous spelt with an e irritates me. A lot of people do it and I am unsure why. It's not even like people have adopted the spelling from another country, it's purely made up and people have copied it.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Sorrie if it anoys you tippy but I no my spellin is attroshis.....atrochas.....atro.......really bad.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply