Is my item lost?

So last month I ordered an item. $130+ AUD. The seller was from the Philippines and had an all-round completely positive feedback history. He is a helpful guy, and even informed me it'd take up to 4 weeks to receive my parcel. However, a whole month/4 weeks has nearly elapsed now and I have nothing in my mailbox. I live in Australia, and the postage carrier is Philpost. I don't want to be the sourpuss and drop the first negative feedback on his profile as I know it's not his fault. 

Could the parcel be delayed? Could have it been sent to my post office instead of my mailbox? It's not a massive item, so I don't know why one would hesitate to pop it somewhere I can notice it. Any advice or help about this issue? Should I obtain a refund/cancel the order? Get in touch with the carrier or my post office? 

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Is my item lost?

If you paid by PayPal, you have 180 days to lodge an item not received claim.....don't panic just yet

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

Sadly I didn't pay with PayPal at the time since I was on a budget. I utilized the gift cards I got for Christmas. May I panic now?

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

@tyrantcrimson-17wrote:

So last month I ordered an item. $130+ AUD. The seller was from the Philippines and had an all-round completely positive feedback history. He is a helpful guy, and even informed me it'd take up to 4 weeks to receive my parcel. However, a whole month/4 weeks has nearly elapsed now and I have nothing in my mailbox. I live in Australia, and the postage carrier is Philpost. I don't want to be the sourpuss and drop the first negative feedback on his profile as I know it's not his fault. 

Could the parcel be delayed? Could have it been sent to my post office instead of my mailbox? It's not a massive item, so I don't know why one would hesitate to pop it somewhere I can notice it. Any advice or help about this issue? Should I obtain a refund/cancel the order? Get in touch with the carrier or my post office? 

what address was provided to the seller for addressing the parcel.  If the item is too large for you mailbox, or was sent SOD, then it should be carded if nobody home when delivery attempt is made.  In that case you will probably need to collect it at the PO.

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

@tyrantcrimson-17wrote:

You have 2 months from date or purchase to leave feedback, so there's still time to leave feedback I guess. How much time out of 60 days do you have left?

You can always open a PayPal case now and then stay in negotiation with seller via that process. Then if and when the item arrives, just cancel it. 

The seller has probably done the right thing. Sometimes things get delivered to wrong addresses or have an unexplained hold up.

Best to just wait until the last 5 days of feedback time, then decide what you want to do.

I have never had an item go lost on it's way to me. A couple of sellers didn't send the items. One, I  believe may have  had a drug or booze problem and had a cluster of negatives for similar things. The other also had a cluster of negatives at the same time of my ransation and who knows what happened there.  I have dealt with that seller on Gemm when it was going and have had some bad experiences with him. Didn't know it was the same seller when I purchased it from him on ebay until later.

Anyway, if you have a P.O. box then it's a good chance your item will arrive eventually. I hope so. Lety us know how you get on.

Oh, and by the way, I did have one item that similarly to you, I was wondering what may have happened. Did the seller send it to the wrong address??  It  did eventually arrive. It took nearly 2 to 3 times longer than usual. Checking the parcel, the post mark on the stamp showed it was posted within 3 days from when I bought it. So seller did right thing and the addressing was very clear. So where it was from when it left the UK till it arrived in my PO box, I can only wonder. Smiley Frustrated

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

further to my previous reply, your item is not overdue yet.  You stated that the seller said 4 weeks for delivery and you said 4 weeks has nearly elapsed.  Iโ€™d give it another fortnight before being concerned as it is coming from overseas.

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

@4channel

unless the gift cards are used through PayPal, the OP would have difficulty opening a PayPal dispute as they have posted that โ€œSadly I didn't pay with PayPal at the time since I was on a budget. I utilized the gift cards I got for Christmasโ€.

We donโ€™t even know what type of gift cards were used.  eBay have gift cards, but the OP may have received a VISA cash card.

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Go into your purchase history and look at the 'estimated delivery date'

I have had a look at the seller and their delivery dates can be up to 8 weeks.

If I bought from them today, the estimated delivery dates say between

Fri. 23 Mar. and Wed. 9 May.

So a little early to be panicking, I'd say.

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

@k1ooo-slr-saleswrote:

@4channel

unless the gift cards are used through PayPal, the OP would have difficulty opening a PayPal dispute as they have posted that โ€œSadly I didn't pay with PayPal at the time since I was on a budget. I utilized the gift cards I got for Christmasโ€.

We donโ€™t even know what type of gift cards were used.  eBay have gift cards, but the OP may have received a VISA cash card.

Good point k1ooo-slr-sales ,  OK so it's a case of hoping for the best.

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

You have 30 days from the last date of estimated delivery to lodge an "item not received case" I always wait until it is close to that date before doing anything.  The Seller doesn't have a crystal ball to know EXACTLY how long your item will take to arrive. It sounds like the four weeks he quoted isn't even up yet and you are already contemplating leaving him a negative. You really scare me, I hope you never buy from me.  Items from Asian countries can take a very long time to arrive, much longer than expected.  Can you even imagine how many items are sent through their post offices every single day.? This person sounds like a very reliable good Seller and you want to ruin their reputation by insisting the item arrives in exactly the time they said.  You also have 60 days from the date of purchase to leave feedback, so at least give the poor man up till then before you ruin his reputation. Even then, he probably doesn't deserve a negative it it genuinely gets lost in the mail.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply