Is postage in China free?

Greetings all,

I was told that postage in China is free to its residents, which is why you see so many "free postage" items from Chinese sellers.  Is this true?  If it is true, then are they allowed to charge postage?

I buy from a Chinese seller quite regularly.  Some of the items are "free postage", and some have a postage fee.  So, just wondering if I'm getting a runaround here, or is this allowed?

Thank you, in advance, for your input.

Cheers,
wishbone44

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

That's for letters. Parcles hav a more complex formula.  I have the current agreement on an other computer so the
figures may not be exact.

74% of 2006 rate/parcel + $/kilo + Surcharges (10% for Sig required. 5% express, 5% registered etc to a max of 40%) 
The currency used is an artifical one administered by the a UN fund, and can then be converted into the currency of the country receiving the parcel.  There is about a 10% shortfall with regards Aust Post on O/S parcels.

There is a new agreement to come in force early next year.

Barrie

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

I recently received two ebay items from China.  One was franked with German imprint, the other with a swiss imprint.  The only explanation is the Chinese are scamming the rest of the world.

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply