Is there a time limit for lodging a dispute?

Hi, Three weeks I bought and paid for some items and have not received them. A week ago I notified the Seller who then said

She'd send a second batch - still no items!  I feel like the Seller is stringing me out for some reason, is there a cut-off time for

lodging a dispute?

Thanks in advance,

Rob 

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Is there a time limit for lodging a dispute?

There is a minimum time before you can open an dispute via ebay link to transaction, as far as I can tell, as I don't often disputes that often, it is variable and depends on the sellers handling time and/or the estimated post time and/or if or when the item has been marked as posted.
Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

I was told you can put a dispute 30 days after the expected delivery date. Is this true?
Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

Yes, you can open a dispute up to a month after the last estimated delivery date in ebay but you have up to 6 months for a dispute in paypal.

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

@morkavitch wrote:
I was told you can put a dispute 30 days after the expected delivery date. Is this true?

welcome to the boards.

Please be careful posting on old threads.  The reason I say this is because eBay was a vastly different place when this thread was first started over three years ago.  There was no "eBay Money Back Guarantee" in place back then, and PayPal offered buyer protection for just 45 days after payment compared to 180 days now.

You can start a new thread if you want clarification of anything to do with eBaying.  Starting a new thread will see you receive current information, and will relegate these old threads to the last pages on these discussion boards where they rightly belong due to superseded information being in them.

Again, welcome to the boards, don't be a stranger now.

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

paypal now has a new policy they cover nothing brought on ebay, go into a purchase from ebay on paypal and instead of being able to make a claim it says go to ebay resalution centre and thats where it takes you

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

@bull-7295 wrote:

paypal now has a new policy they cover nothing brought on ebay, go into a purchase from ebay on paypal and instead of being able to make a claim it says go to ebay resalution centre and thats where it takes you

Paypal does still cover ebay purchases, it's just that you are being directed to eBay's dispute process first. :-

https://www.paypal.com/au/smarthelp/article/should-i-report-my-problem-in-the-ebay-or-paypal-resolut...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 16 of 16
Latest reply