Is tracking now just for show

au_ke24
Community Member

Scince the changes with trackin display . I have found the system to be lacking in movement of goods. I have had more than 3 lots of goods that state sent . With no movement shown after  days . Only to have delivery with out notice .  So far tracking is as good as a politicians  promise .

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Are you clicking on the link in the middle of the page at the bottom that shows more details? I missed that when they first changed the format.
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

For me, tracking has been pretty useless for a long time

There are several posts about it on the forum here from many different people about it

I have had packages that still say 'in transit' weeks after they have been delivered

It is not just ebay items either, it is just another Aussie Post useless as set up

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I recently had something that only showed lodgement on eBay's system, but the AP site showed the proper tracking. So, in that case, the issue was definitely with eBay or their communication with AP, which is essentially the same.

If I'm concerned I use the AP site to check tracking. Assuming AP is the carrier. The only other carrier I have stuff sent with is FedEx and their tracking is pretty good. They don't even have a Chullora or Sunshine West.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

@enigmabear

I've had parcels sent to my forwarding address in the US (primarily sent by non-eBay sellers, but occasionally by a US seller when I am consolidating several purchases), with the tracking notification telling me delivery was unsuccessful, and that I needed to contact the courier company to arrange another delivery.

Only once did I phone the company in panic, to arrange delivery again. The "unsuccessful delivery" occurred when the courier company tried to deliver outside business hours, and they would always retry automatically the next business day anyway. (Tracking information did not update. If I were guided solely by the tracking page, I'd have assumed that those parcels had vanished, never to be seen again.) Oh well, I had a nice friendly chat with the courier rep, anyway...

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply