Item not received and longer than the 30days refund protection and Feedback period expired

billyzr
Community Member

What to do when item not received and seller asks to wait til another is reposted, during this time the following has expired: 1) Ebay's "30days protection" & resolution is not applicable (postage from Chinese selllers is usually longer than this and therefore Ebays protection is not even relevant) 2) Leaving feedback duration has expired and cannot leave feedback to seller 3) Cannot contact Ebay with any contact option as email & phone contact states: "...support isn't available for selected category"..NB: Category is 'Item not received' 4) The item code is not even recognized as a transaction by Ebay! although it exists in my purchases! **** Ebay platform therefore appears to support fraudulent ebay sellers!! ***** The item code is 262130049891. What can one do if they cant even contact ebay regarding this to investigate further???

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Item not received and longer than the 30days refund protection and Feedback period expired

If you paid by paypal you have 180 days to make a claim.   go into your paypal account and use the resolution cente.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

In future:

1) Don't let a seller string you out - the Chinese sellers are the worst at this.

2) If the item has not arrived by the last estimated delivery date, then open an Item Not Received Case

3) Don't buy from China - pay a little more and source your items through Australian sellers.

As mentioned, if it less than 180 days, you can open a claim in Paypal.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

billyzr, please tell us you are joking - this is a wind up?

If this is for real - your efforts are admirable but too time consuming -  $1 or $1.50 ain't worth it!

You most likely wouldn't even bend down to pick it from the street - not many would, as you can't actually buy anything for that.

Even too late for feed back?

Who cares - this is only Ebay, no one cares, not many leave it, not many read it.

But - worst of all - Ebay's f/back can't be rellied on for accuracy - therefore it's rendered meaningless.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

For OP and others reading here, keep in mind the eBay MBG is 30 days from last estimated delivery date.

So if delivery from China is showing 3 weeks from sale date (not unusual) that gives around 7 weeks to claim the MBG.

But as mentioned Chinese sellers are notorious for stringing out beyond 60 days so no feedback can be left.

image host
Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

The trick is to leave a feedback comment just before the 60 days is up....something a bit non-commital like "item not received".

You can then leave a followup feedback with more detail once the item arrives or not as the case may be.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

so fix you are advocating for sellers to rip off buyer only $1.00 at a time. Sell that way to a couple of thousand people and ....there ya go MONEY FOR JAM.

I think not.

$1.00 or $1,000 makes no difference. Its still wrong regardless of the amount.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Same problem with me. Ordered on 28 Sep and was told to wait until Jan 14 due to covid. I decided to just wait the whole four months. After the estimate date passed, no show. Located order in purchase history, wrote the seller over the course of three weeks and no response. Unable to file not received case due to the estimate delivery date being greater than sixty days and that the purchase is nearly 100 days old. It is even older now and I just blew $11.00 on an item dispatched from the UK. I understand their lockdown situation, but my IT consultant told me that listings with estimate delivery dates greater then the deadline for a claim are scams. A Facebook message to eBay resulted in "sorry, nothing you can do". Tried searching the PayPal transaction, but it is gone. Found the transaction on my credit card, but the credit card dispute was in the seller's favour. Country Giants Vol. 2: 24 Track Collection Double Play CD. First four songs. Willie Nelson- Is There Something On Your Mind. Stop, Look and Listen. Case has a piece missing according to listing, but the seller is not responding and I have just lost out because I tried to be patient and take into account covid and lockdown. Ships from: United Kingdom. Aussie buyers, steer clear of REMOVED.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

It is NOT the same problem.

There was no COVID-19 in 2016, when this thread was current.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

You have 180 days to file a claim for Item Not Received in Paypal to get your money back.

Don't close the case until you receive your refund, no matter what the seller says.

And don't let the case time out, because this will be your last and only chance now.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply