False Seller Item Location Massive Problem

I am sick and tired of buying off sellers in AU stores that list there items location as in Australia when infact the item location is overseas and so is the seller and you end up with a very lenghty postage wait or not item at all or you end up with a WINIT tracking number that means squat to anyone as it does not track anything outside of China.

I want to see eBay crack down on these sellers for false advertising a location of there items when you are trying to by from within Australia only thinking you have brought local only to find out the seller falsey listed the items location.

I am dealing with one right now and seller has avoided the questions I have put to him/her of the real location of the item I brought after getting that WINIT tracking number the seller finally answered with an outright lie "It Come USA" clear not good with english at all and the item is clearly coming from China.

I want these sellers banned from listing on the AU site or forced to list there items real location for example CHINA.

Message 1 of 61
Latest reply
60 REPLIES 60

eBay Australia will not do anything about it because they claim that it's eBay China's (or wherever) problem.

The best thing you can do is check in their feedback where the seller is actually registered and see if there's any negs for location misrepresentation. It's not a foolproof way of finding out but it will weed out most of the problem sellers.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 61
Latest reply

Yes, it's a problem on ebay & I think they will have to address it one day..

Probably, in the meantime,  the best thing to do is look at the estimated delivery date in any ad. If it is supposed to be in Aust but has a delivery date 4 or 5 weeks hence, that's a bit of a flag that the item may be coming from overseas.

If you buy something listed as local and it goes way past the due delivery dates & the sellers avoid questions, open an item not received claim, don't let them fob you off.

Message 3 of 61
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Why would you open a new thread when there's one exactly the same?

And you even answered on that one and put the link to this thread.

Madness.

Message 4 of 61
Latest reply

I also think we all should contact ACA to complain about eBay not following there policy on true item locations and how they are letting over seas sellers falsly claim there items are in Australia.

Even after doing some checks like delivery times you often don't find out until after the purchase and end up with the WINIT tracking number.

Message 5 of 61
Latest reply

@imastawkawrote:

Why would you open a new thread when there's one exactly the same?

And you even answered on that one and put the link to this thread.

Madness.

It's not madness I am looking to take action on this issue and to encourge others to take action as well. The more feedback/complaint's on this issue the better.

Message 6 of 61
Latest reply

These specific ones you speak of now, the item location says Australia AND it shows the seller is registered in Australia on the seller's feedback page but it is still being sent from overseas. I am reading that correctly?

Message 7 of 61
Latest reply

@enigmabearwrote:

These specific ones you speak of now, the item location says Australia AND it shows the seller is registered in Australia on the seller's feedback page but it is still being sent from overseas. I am reading that correctly?

This is to do with the items real location NOT if there registered in Australia.

Message 8 of 61
Latest reply

@maxi_the_whippetwrote:

I also think we all should contact ACA to complain about eBay not following there policy on true item locations and how they are letting over seas sellers falsly claim there items are in Australia.

Even after doing some checks like delivery times you often don't find out until after the purchase and end up with the WINIT tracking number.

Won't get you anywhere.

eBay is run on a members trust basis.

If some members break the rules then it's up to eBay if they want to rectify it or not.

If not, they will simply lose members.

Not good for membership/business but can't be enforced.

image host
Message 9 of 61
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5wrote:

@maxi_the_whippetwrote:

Won't get you anywhere.

eBay is run on a members trust basis.

If some members break the rules then it's up to eBay if they want to rectify it or not.

If not, they will simply lose members.

Not good for membership/business but can't be enforced.

It's called people power if your not going to voice your issues then of course nothing will happen so speak up.

Message 10 of 61
Latest reply