False Seller Item Location Massive Problem

I am sick and tired of buying off sellers in AU stores that list there items location as in Australia when infact the item location is overseas and so is the seller and you end up with a very lenghty postage wait or not item at all or you end up with a WINIT tracking number that means squat to anyone as it does not track anything outside of China.

I want to see eBay crack down on these sellers for false advertising a location of there items when you are trying to by from within Australia only thinking you have brought local only to find out the seller falsey listed the items location.

I am dealing with one right now and seller has avoided the questions I have put to him/her of the real location of the item I brought after getting that WINIT tracking number the seller finally answered with an outright lie "It Come USA" clear not good with english at all and the item is clearly coming from China.

I want these sellers banned from listing on the AU site or forced to list there items real location for example CHINA.

Message 1 of 61
Latest reply
60 REPLIES 60

Im dealing with WINIT now , ''' GET THIS """ THESE THINGS , SOLD ME A  TRAIL CAMERA , when we inserted the batteries , there was a clear and strong smell of burning electrical , SOMETHING, do you know what these things at WINIT said ? CAN WE SEND YOU A VIDEO SHOWING HOW TO INSERT 4 BATTERIES,, can you believe that ! it seems , that the forged products that they sell from China , are not up to standard , and these things tried to say , IT WAS MY FAULT , I HAD NOT INSERTED THE BATTERIES IN THE CORRECT MANNER , just how stupid are these things , hahahahahahahahaha 60 yrs old and some idiot in china is trying to say , WE HERE IN AUSTRALIA , HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO LOAD BATTERIES .This company sells NOTHING but forgeries , thats why there is no NAME BRAND on anything . I HAD TO PAY THE COST OF SHIPPING THEIR **bleep** BACK TO THEM , IF THEY DO NOT REPAY ME THE FULL AMOUNT , I WILL TAKE THEM TO COURT .

Message 21 of 61
Latest reply

Good luck on that should have just opened a ebay/paypal dispute to get your money back they even would have told you not to bother with return when it comes to china postage cost's workd for me.

Message 22 of 61
Latest reply

I thought WINIT was a logistics company, not an ebay seller.

How do you think you are going to take a Chinese seller through the Australian Court system?

Don't hold your breath waiting for the seller to refund.....you did not use the ebay or paypal returns process so you have literally given the seller a gift.

Message 23 of 61
Latest reply

No chance of a refund, you should have opened a case, and then they would have had to pay the return postage.

Taking someone in China to court?    Not happening.

Message 24 of 61
Latest reply

Oh, and while I'm at it........open a case for Item Not Received for the seller

you left the neutral for.

Or else you'll be back here complaining about losing your money on that transaction as well.

Message 25 of 61
Latest reply

So, is there something wrong from wanting to buy from Aussie sellers?

Message 26 of 61
Latest reply

That's the issue we are having we are only wanting to by from GENIUINE Aussie Sellers but there are so many fake Aussie sellers and ebay has not done one thing about claiming fake item locations. read the thread.
Message 27 of 61
Latest reply

I remember this question started being asked about 15 years ago, ebay are slow to act.

Message 28 of 61
Latest reply

They have never acted nor will they.

Message 29 of 61
Latest reply

"If you buy something listed as local and it goes way past the due delivery dates & the sellers avoid questions, open an item not received claim, don't let them fob you off."   Having just purchased an item from a seller that stated the item was in Aisutralia and then received one of these "Winit" tracking numbers...I was going to wait until the "Delivered by" date had passed and try and open an 'Item not received claim" But be assured that Ebays response will be "The tracking number shows the item is in transit" or so other such doubletalk. They won't care that hte item is listed as being in Australia. Ebay won't do anything to these Sellers because they get hundreds of thousands of dollars off them in fees. Like any global corporation Ebay is interested in one thing and one thing only....making moiney...not looking after customers.

Message 30 of 61
Latest reply