False Seller Item Location Massive Problem

I am sick and tired of buying off sellers in AU stores that list there items location as in Australia when infact the item location is overseas and so is the seller and you end up with a very lenghty postage wait or not item at all or you end up with a WINIT tracking number that means squat to anyone as it does not track anything outside of China.

I want to see eBay crack down on these sellers for false advertising a location of there items when you are trying to by from within Australia only thinking you have brought local only to find out the seller falsey listed the items location.

I am dealing with one right now and seller has avoided the questions I have put to him/her of the real location of the item I brought after getting that WINIT tracking number the seller finally answered with an outright lie "It Come USA" clear not good with english at all and the item is clearly coming from China.

I want these sellers banned from listing on the AU site or forced to list there items real location for example CHINA.

Message 1 of 61
Latest reply
60 REPLIES 60

@broadbandit777 wrote:

"If you buy something listed as local and it goes way past the due delivery dates & the sellers avoid questions, open an item not received claim, don't let them fob you off."   Having just purchased an item from a seller that stated the item was in Aisutralia and then received one of these "Winit" tracking numbers...I was going to wait until the "Delivered by" date had passed and try and open an 'Item not received claim" But be assured that Ebays response will be "The tracking number shows the item is in transit" or so other such doubletalk. They won't care that hte item is listed as being in Australia. Ebay won't do anything to these Sellers because they get hundreds of thousands of dollars off them in fees. Like any global corporation Ebay is interested in one thing and one thing only....making moiney...not looking after customers.

Refer to the previous posts to yours, from June last year.

Message 31 of 61
Latest reply

eBay systems are in place to protect their cash cows dishonest practices. You filter by item location to Australia and from the items main page you will not see their location. Side note the distance for me said on one item 720km and thatโ€™s still in Australia. You can actually see the sellers location if you click on the seller (itโ€™s somewhat buried)
I purchased an item advertised as being an Aussie seller only after transaction completed did I realise it was Chinese because of the 2 month estimated delivery date. Unfortunately the sellers software markโ€™s it as posted immediately. I contacted the seller straight away and asked them to cancel it, it was a Saturday night and they responded next morning saying itโ€™s already posted. Being a tracked item eBay will not allow a dispute to be raised until delivered.
Negative feedback is of no use either for two reasons:
1. They just close shop and reopen if too much negative feedback is received
2. eBay protects them, I once received a fake item, I reported and won and received a refund. Instead of name calling or being nasty my feedback left was โ€œitem was not genuine as advertisedโ€. eBay pulled the feedback down to which I did contact customer service and they responded with that it would have been harmful.

The onus is on us to either boycott eBay or just be more patient when buying, looking at feedback and confirming their point of origin.

Welcome to the fleaBay
Message 32 of 61
Latest reply

Boycott eBay if you wish, I doubt they will care.

If you come across sellers whose items are defintely stated as in Au and they are not, you can report them, probably not much will be done, but means you won't have to rehash an old thread to rant.

edited to say:  Be careful as you are not to bad mouth eBay on the boards, if someone does report it you may find your boycott of eBay being not of your choice

Message 33 of 61
Latest reply

The more replies the better regardless how old a thread is.

And I report every seller that ends up being a Chinse seller not located in Australia or there stock not being located in Australia.

Message 34 of 61
Latest reply

Good, don't agree with the resurrection of some old threads, simply becausee a lot of us don't even bother going in to them, but pleased you report the sellers who break the rules

Message 35 of 61
Latest reply

@greenhairtiger wrote:

eBay systems are in place to protect their cash cows dishonest practices. You filter by item location to Australia and from the items main page you will not see their location. Side note the distance for me said on one item 720km and thatโ€™s still in Australia. You can actually see the sellers location if you click on the seller (itโ€™s somewhat buried)
I purchased an item advertised as being an Aussie seller only after transaction completed did I realise it was Chinese because of the 2 month estimated delivery date. Unfortunately the sellers software markโ€™s it as posted immediately. I contacted the seller straight away and asked them to cancel it, it was a Saturday night and they responded next morning saying itโ€™s already posted. Being a tracked item eBay will not allow a dispute to be raised until delivered.
Negative feedback is of no use either for two reasons:
1. They just close shop and reopen if too much negative feedback is received
2. eBay protects them, I once received a fake item, I reported and won and received a refund. Instead of name calling or being nasty my feedback left was โ€œitem was not genuine as advertisedโ€. eBay pulled the feedback down to which I did contact customer service and they responded with that it would have been harmful.

The onus is on us to either boycott eBay or just be more patient when buying, looking at feedback and confirming their point of origin.

Welcome to the fleaBay

You'vee hit the nail on head with a few points here. Yes and the close shop and re-open in s strategy that some sellers use. Make monely at any cost, move it to a new ID and do it agan.

Message 36 of 61
Latest reply

it is happening a lot..a big worry . .because a lot of fake items... and also poor quality  made ..items.. plus...check the feedbacks first

Message 37 of 61
Latest reply

There even facking the feedback rating with fake sales by using a bot it's wide spread on ebay.
Message 38 of 61
Latest reply

Fack off?

You seem to have issues with purchasing through eBay. The simple solution is - DON'T.

Problem solved. No need to thank me.

Message 39 of 61
Latest reply

looser
Message 40 of 61
Latest reply