False Seller Item Location Massive Problem

I am sick and tired of buying off sellers in AU stores that list there items location as in Australia when infact the item location is overseas and so is the seller and you end up with a very lenghty postage wait or not item at all or you end up with a WINIT tracking number that means squat to anyone as it does not track anything outside of China.

I want to see eBay crack down on these sellers for false advertising a location of there items when you are trying to by from within Australia only thinking you have brought local only to find out the seller falsey listed the items location.

I am dealing with one right now and seller has avoided the questions I have put to him/her of the real location of the item I brought after getting that WINIT tracking number the seller finally answered with an outright lie "It Come USA" clear not good with english at all and the item is clearly coming from China.

I want these sellers banned from listing on the AU site or forced to list there items real location for example CHINA.

Message 1 of 61
Latest reply
60 REPLIES 60

Many many many of us have indeed spoken up, thank you

Ebay do not listen and do not care, far more impact would be if everyone STOPPED buying from seller's overseas who say their stock is in OZ and yet they have hundreds of red dots from buyers saying otherwise

Perhaps tell those people to speak up 

Message 11 of 61
Latest reply

Here is the link to ACA :- https://www.9now.com.au/a-current-affair/2018/extras/tell-us-your-story/form/contact-us

Submit your story to them and the more story's they get on this issue the more likely they will do a story on this.

Message 12 of 61
Latest reply

@enigmabearwrote:

Many many many of us have indeed spoken up, thank you

Have you spoken up to ACA I urge you to do so.

ACA :- https://www.9now.com.au/a-current-affair/2018/extras/tell-us-your-story/form/contact-us

Message 13 of 61
Latest reply

Contacted a tv show to tell them some people buy from sellers registered overseas and then complain their item has come from overseas? No I have not, it is up to each buyer whom they buy from

I have contacted and spoken to ebay many times and asked why it is an item can be posted and the location given as *anywhere*  but if the seller is registered in a different country, why are they not required to provide some kind of 'proof' of having a warehouse or other means of stock being located here and I just get excuses

Message 14 of 61
Latest reply

@enigmabearwrote:

Contacted a tv show to tell them some people buy from sellers registered overseas and then complain their item has come from overseas? No I have not, it is up to each buyer whom they buy from

I have contacted and spoken to ebay many times and asked why it is an item can be posted and the location given as *anywhere*  but if the seller is registered in a different country, why are they not required to provide some kind of 'proof' of having a warehouse or other means of stock being located here and I just get excuses

All I can say is keep complaining via any channels you can think of never give up and never surrender that is what they want and expect.

Also report the seller for ebay policy voilation that they have breached by reoprting the listing the more poeple do this at some point eBay wil go "look guys this is getting to be a headache for us we need to look into this and crack down on these buyers."

Just don't give up.

Message 15 of 61
Latest reply

If you make a nuisance of yourself with ebay they are unlikely to just roll over and fix what you see as a problem.

They are far more likely to remove you from the site.  Members have been suspended for far less than being a pest.

Also, you can be suspended from posting on the boards for what you are doing.....it is against policy to agitate and/or start petitions against ebay.

Message 16 of 61
Latest reply

there is a very useful tool on ebay for finding the location of a sellers items,

FEEDBACK

look at a sellers FEEDBACK

if hes selling stuff from overseas and saying its here in Australia

someone (or quite a few) will mention it in NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.

You should do the same as its a simple way to let off steam!

Message 17 of 61
Latest reply

Whats the big deal here. Who gives a rats razoonie where the items come from as long as its delivered to you. For goodness sake. I can think of more important things to think of than a something as trivial as where an item is shipped from. You sound as if the sellers a crook or something.
Message 18 of 61
Latest reply

You need to see the big picture its dishonest point blank. If purchasing a phone for example, you run the risk of being sold a copy etc etc neede i go on........

Message 19 of 61
Latest reply

I hope you are as successful weeding out overseas sellers as you are finding three month old threads to bump. Especially when there are many other more recent threads on this matter.

Free tip: DON'T buy phones online unless from a reputable Australian authorised reseller. With a recognisable name and an ABN. Unless you are after an old second hand one, in which case go for it.

Message 20 of 61
Latest reply