Longest it's ever taken for an order to arrive...?

I recall one particular item that I purchased on eBay some years ago taking longer than two months to arrive. It was a rare CD coming from either the UK or the Netherlands.

The seller was horribly embarrassed by the long postage time. It was coming by ship. The seller and I kept in touch through the long process, and finally the parcel arrived. I metaphorically turned cartwheels of joy.

I was reminded of this by a recent purchase taking much much longer than I anticipated. I ordered some dinner service pieces in my favourite pattern from the UK - they're discontinued pieces, so I was scouring through the usual places which still have them or can get them. It really only struck me earlier today that I hadn't got those pieces yet. Apparently the butter dish and pasta bowls are due to arrive at the shop by end of this month, and they've promised to ship the entire order at that time. Considering that it was November of last year when I made the purchase, that is definitely the longest I've ever had to wait!

I will give my card provider a call tomorrow just to be on the safe side, to confirm how long a period I have to make a claim in the event of non-supply. Trust is all very well, but trust should never be laced with stupidity.

How long has anyone else waited for an item to arrive? (For anecdotal purposes only...)

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

I'm still waiting for a leatherworking book to arrive from about 6 years ago mirena......................true.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 22
Latest reply

It's probably in the DLO (dead leather office).

Message 3 of 22
Latest reply

There goes the keyboard again............................original.gif

Message 4 of 22
Latest reply

As a buyer, around 2 months, but as a seller there was one order that took closer to 4 months - and it was a domestic order, too.

No idea what happened with that one or why it took so long to travel to another state, and I'd long replaced it, so when the buyer contacted me to let me know it had just been delivered and offered to pay for or return it, I was pretty surprised but told them to keep it.
Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

A DVD set I ordered from the US where the seller underestimated the postage so she sent it by sea (it was some years ago).  Turned up nearly 3 months later.

A more recent purchase from the UK took more than 3 months.  The seller had done everything right and I'd paid for airmail but mysteriously (my suspicion was the Royal Mail staffer was having a bad day or the seller had annoyed him/her in some way), Someone at the Post Office put a sticker on the parcel to say it had to travel by surface mail.  So it did.....for no logical reason at all.

Message 6 of 22
Latest reply

Three months... four months... six years...

I no longer feel in the running for the Patient Griselda award!

Message 7 of 22
Latest reply

Awwww, Padi, you could have just got your leather underwear from the shop. You didn't need to buy a book to make it yourself, just to hide your true self.

Spoiler
You could even get that nice studded stuff from the shop! 
Spoiler
I know you love that studded stuff.
Message 8 of 22
Latest reply

Spoiler
Who's been a norti boy then?
Message 9 of 22
Latest reply

Hang on Stawks and Tippy, did you see how much Russell Crowes J*ckstrap fetched at auction ??????   original.gif

Spoiler
Coulda cornered the market so to speak....................original.gif
Spoiler
......................and that wasn't all leather either I'll have you know by crikey.

Message 10 of 22
Latest reply