Looks like some mutants have been let loose on eBay again.

xb50gs
Community Member

I've never dished out so many negatives as I have lately and nearly all over the same thing, sellers not accepting paypal.

I normally let the stupid comments slide eg: I accept paypal if you pay the fees, depending on how bad I want the item, and how honest the seller is. Usually I respond with a stern ticking off stating that they can't do that, but occasionallly, if its a low priced item, it has reasonable postage and I just can't find the item anywhere else, I will give in and pay the 3% (Part of the fun of owning a 38yo muscle car)

However, when someone states categorically they WILL NOT ACCEPT PAYPAL (and make no mention of it in their auction) I send the payment through. Typically it is unclaimed, as they use a dodgy email address, sometimes its refunded. Those sellers get a negative as I'm just sick and tired of it. I don't waste time emaiing backwards and forwards, as the outcome is always the same, so I put a end to it and be over and done. I've got proof I tried to pay, they refused it, end of story.

Well, my latest 3 loonies must have chewed their chain off and got to the computer as they've been nuts!

FIrst one sent 3 emails saying NO PAYPAL blah blah blah, so I replied that I'm very sorry, I'm away at work and can only pay with paypal and after being ignored and my payment being unclaimed, I left a negative when I got home and moved on, so I thought. This pig phoned me, asked me what the F I thought I was doing, carried right on, whinging about fees, why should he have to pay fees on paypal when they do nothing, etc etc, but when I said that I was a seller and pay fees for paypal on items sometimes over $1000, his response was 'well, thats just too bad' so I told him same deal for him and he erupts. Calls me a F and a C, starts raging, I stay calm (somehow) ask him if he's finished and hang the phone up.

The next one is worse. I buy a car part, pay with paypal, its pending, then get emails saying please pay with bank deposit as its safer. Yep, sorry mate, money is already sent through to paypal, sign in and claim it. No, I put a false email there so I dont pay fees. Oh, great, here we go again.

Wasn't in the mood to stuff around so I told him not interested, cancel the sale. Nope. He's going to force me to buy it. He says paypal is now current and he expects me to pay a $40 fee to use it (on a $280 sale)

So again, I'm wasting time explaining policies which dropkicks agree to abide by when signing up to sell on eBay. Anyway, I had to leave for work so I send one last email saying that i'll pay the total price, not a penny more and if I don't hear from him by 12pm that day, i'll be away at work for 2 weeks (I'm not) and i'm not interested. Reply comes through at 5pm (despite emails coming every 5mins beforehand) saying that I HAVE to pay as he's sent the item to me.

I sent a reply saying if he's dumb enough to send it to me after I told him I would be away with work, he's dumber than I thought and I would return his item once I got back from work.

Oh, goody, now he's going to get his solicitor onto me. I told him I kept all correspondence from him and he has broken the contract by trying to impose fees that he's not entitled to. So for the next 4 days I got a torrent of abuse which was all forwarded to eBay, ranging from name calling to threats to demands for compensation and loss of profit (Huh??) which made my head spin, as the item was relisted for $150 more than I originally paid for it!

Then there was another goose who had feedback of 91.7 and negs for item not received, item arrived faulty, etc, who expected me to pay via bank deposit. Um, No thanks. Paid again with paypal and its refunded to me with a note saying it is his ex gf's paypal and he doesn't have access to it (how did he refund it then??) and asks for bank deposit, again.

I sent a reply saying that there is no way i'll pay someone with less than 100% feedback and comments about faulty/missing item with bank deposit. Again, i'm told if I pay the the fees I can use paypal, which I refuse. The next email tells me I have problems if I want to use paypal as it isn't safe.

Why do the loonies seems to appear every few months! and why do I cop them all??

Actually, on a positive note, I bought a new car for my parents off eBay and the guy was awesome. He delivered it to my mates place as I was away that night, it was 100% as described, he turned up right on time, was really good to deal with and there was no problems what so ever. I left him an extra $25 for his troubles and he was wrapped.

I guess there are still a lot of great sellers out there, but gee, i've has a fair whack of nutters lately!

Going Ford is the Going Thing.
Message 1 of 35
Latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: Looks like some mutants have been let loose on eBay again.

Sellers who don't want to be paid via Paypal should be avoided. I can't remember the laqst time I used internet banking to pay a seller.

It is irresponsable to state that direct deposit is better and safer.

TCT
Message 21 of 35
Latest reply

Oh, goody, now he's going to get his solicitor onto me. I told him I kept all correspondence from him and he has broken the contract by trying to impose fees that he's not entitled to.

I love this bit LOL Funny how every disgruntled buyer/seller has a friend who is a Lawyer, solicitor or policeman :^O

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 22 of 35
Latest reply

I can't remember the laqst time I used internet banking to pay a seller.

I used it a couple of times before I could work out PayPal and I didn't have a debit card.. Sellers were from Aus and I always got my stuff..  I wouldn't risk it now

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 23 of 35
Latest reply

Seriously, beagles, I'd just be forwarding their emails to Paypal. They supposedly have a policy that sellers offering PP are not allowed to charge a surcharge for it, so should wipe their accounts.

Seriously. ?:|:^O

Why don't they offer a "discount" for direct deposit...

Message 24 of 35
Latest reply

THIS POST WAS COMMENCED IN MAY  ;\

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 25 of 35
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

It is only a pup Jane.  It is when threads come back after 18 months or 2 years that it is a bit of a worry.

At least the information in this thread is probably still current.:^O

Message 26 of 35
Latest reply

This thread is PARTICULARLY relevant when read in conjunction with the OP's other recent thread.

This one starts with "I've never dished out so many negatives as I have lately and nearly all over the same thing, sellers not accepting paypal"

The new one has disappeared, not sure why

Message 27 of 35
Latest reply

WOW.... What a to do you have gone through. Sure is some nutty sellers out there. I bet those sellers when buying something and if asked to pay the paypal fees would kick up a stink and refuse.

I always pay with paypal as it is safer and I can't even remember the last time I paid via internet transfer. In any case, the sellers should have read the paypal rules re: fees etc and cop it on the chin.

I have never been asked to pay the paypal fees so far, but perhaps one day in the future I might run into nuts like you have.

Message 28 of 35
Latest reply

Bumping this thread because it's 5yo, and it seems that resurrecting dead posts is the current trend. This was on the last page and none of those threads had been locked, so I'm not sure when that's going to happen as per Michelle.

Spoiler
How many of you read the entire thread? It's proof that some old threads can contain really outdated info, and they should be LOCKED!
Spoiler
Sorry Dave.
Spoiler
pass flower.gif
Spoiler
Hi.gif
Spoiler
scared.gif
Message 29 of 35
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

Bumping this thread because it's 5yo, and it seems that resurrecting dead posts is the current trend. This was on the last page and none of those threads had been locked, so I'm not sure when that's going to happen as per Michelle.

Spoiler
How many of you read the entire thread? It's proof that some old threads can contain really outdated info, and they should be LOCKED!
Spoiler
Sorry Dave.
Spoiler
pass flower.gif
Spoiler
Hi.gif
Spoiler
scared.gif

" Its proof some old threads contain outdated information and should be locked"...........

Unfortunately some things never change.....................( yes Dave I know you will never change, but I wasnt reffering to you....Smiley Very Happy......) 

I sell old car parts and the bigger the car ( XB Falcon GS ) the bigger the Wally behind the wheel. The sellers of the muscle car parts in the thread where dipsticks, but the buyer was a bigger dipstick.

I think " muscle car" refers to whats in their head and the big car makes up for little  " muscles"  in other places..........Just my take on it ..........Smiley Very Happy

Message 30 of 35
Latest reply