MISSING ITEM OR FALSE DELIVERY STATEMENT - eBay ownership of Speedpak

FALSE DELIVERY STATEMENT

It is a criminal offence to make an untrue statement in the course of a commercial transaction.
I received an email from eBay this morning stating that an item WAS DELIVERED to my home address by its carrier,  SpeedPak at 10.04 this morning.  I checked the tracking information and that DETAIL WAS CONFIRMED.
I am sitting at my computer beside my open door at at the delivery address.
It is now 4.00pm.  SIX HOURS LATER.  No-one has come.  NOTHING HAS BEEN DELIVERED.
There has been no response from eBay or SpeedPak  to my messages, not even an Acknowledgement of my messages.

I mean, it's not like I'm Russian or Iraqi, or ...  .  This is Australia.  
How many more days must I take off work before USA owned eBay  honours its contract?  The sooner a Chinese company gives eBay competition at English language consumer level, the better off buyers will be.
This delivery error is causing me to incur costs and expenses.

(Who is Speedpak in Australia?
SpeedPAK service is brought to you by ebay and ebay's strategic partner, Orange Connex(China) Limited,. SpeedPAK is developed on the foundation of ebay's platform policy, then customized to provide direct mail service to e-commerce businesses in the great China region.)

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Are you certain the tracking it's not just a notice that the item has been delivered to the "destination hub" ?

Speedtrack do not deliver within Australia, normally their parcels are handed over to AP for delivery.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Stated as 'dropped off' to the address I gave for delivery in Brisbane ... and I am waiting here.

The SpeedPak van is here almost daily.

No acknowledgement by eBay or SpeedPak of my messages!

Now nearly seven hours after they wrote they had delivered.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

My apologies, I was unaware that Speedpak actually delivered goods within Australia. In the past when I've had items sent through them they've been passed on to AP for delivery.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

It is a criminal offence to make an untrue statement in the course of a commercial transaction.

Have you advised   your chinese seller of this,  as you are not involved in a commercial transaction with either speedpak  or ebay.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Resend. Page blanked out.

My delivery contract is with SpeedTrack, a subsidiary of eBay.  The Buyer pays extra for fast delivery and has no choice of courier. Neither does the Seller. So no fault of Seller who has no control.

Either the SpeedTrack tracking data is false or the item is missing (or both).

EBay website  provides redress for default by Buyer or Seller, but not for default by eBay, such as the eBay courier losing or pilfering an item.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

SpeedPak or SpeedTrack?

You don't seem to know what service your parcel was sent using.

Besides which, the boards are not read by eBay, only other members, none of whom have any solutions to your confusion as to what carrier was used.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Unless you have taken the unusual route of arranging your own courier service, to pick up and deliver, as arranged and paid by you.  Then the shipping transaction is between the seller and the sellers delivery agent.

You are simply the recipient and as stated have no  transaction with anyone but the seller.

By the way if you do wish to state, that you did in fact arrange your own shipping, then you  are obviously aware that any liability  by either the seller or ebay, ceased when your agent took possession and your only option for recourse would now be with your own agent.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

I am on the same boat last year and before last year item purchase on EBay, if seller sent item through SPEEDPAK ,EBay list were shown item arrived but not thing to received yet, probably SPEEDPAK Likely to aeting people parcels, I request seller sent item through other company otherwise I will cancel to not buying from now on. 

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply