Major current ebay issue

drpeake
Community Member

I have posted this here because no where else seemed to fit..nor does it here.

Anyway.

Short version, the fix from customer support in writing was to close my account and start another one, even though i had new purchases pending.

After a few hours I have worked out that people in the hundreds (prob more) cant access thier account. Ebay cant help.

I worked out the security keys are not working so you only need the password. I have passed this info onto ebay by phone, and they have been wondering what all these errors are that people are complaining about. I have been advised to close link to paypal for security...sorry to my sellers, ebay have said its a security issue (In writing)

I thought i would mention it here, incase sellers are wondering why people are not paying.

I have coppies of transcripts

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Major current ebay issue

It happens pretty much every Friday which is maintenance day..

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 11 of 23
Latest reply

Major current ebay issue

I still don't get the question. :-(:_|:-(

don't take life too seriously.......it's not permanent
Message 12 of 23
Latest reply

Major current ebay issue

There wasn't one.. Just a noob pointing out something which most people that frequent eBay know about anyway (Friday glitches)

Message 13 of 23
Latest reply

Major current ebay issue

OOhhh, thanks Patch, I thought I was being dumb(er) than usual, phew, it is a relief to know I am still as amazing as ever. :^O

don't take life too seriously.......it's not permanent
Message 14 of 23
Latest reply

Major current ebay issue

drpeake
Community Member

Noob?

I have two accounts. I have been on here longer than you.

Ebay said this is not a normal issue. its an issue with the digital keys that are old. Problem still not resolved. You probeable have a NEWer digital key.

I only placed the note a Ebay support were getting overloaded with issues that were not normal.

It was an advisory.

Message 15 of 23
Latest reply

Major current ebay issue

drpeake
Community Member

The old digital key expiry problem has been fixed. Just got the call.

Keys have expiry dates for re-encryption.

Mine is working now

Message 16 of 23
Latest reply

Major current ebay issue

There wasn't one.. Just a noob pointing out something which most people that frequent eBay know about anyway (Friday glitches)

Yes, there was!  I wouldnt consider myself a 'noob', i've only been using ebay for 9 years and have a feedback of almost 6500.

So glad to know you easily dismiss others problems as inconsequential. 

This had me in a panic, as i'd not come across anything like it before - and it was purely to do with the Security Key.

This was NOT a regular friday glitch.

This was NOT the problem where you keep getting taken back to your signin page.  I still even tried the whole clearing cookies, history etc, closing browsers, changing browsers.....  Nothing worked. (it didnt take you back to the signin page, but to a totally different page altogether).

I had no way of contacting ebay, so if it wasn't for the OP letting me know i wasnt the only one, i would have been in a right state!

So thanks OP for your post!!  :-x

Message 17 of 23
Latest reply

Major current ebay issue

Outdated security keys are an issue with a lot of sites if you use IE, it rarely, if ever, happens with Firefox or Chrome.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 18 of 23
Latest reply

Major current ebay issue

Yes, there was!  I wouldnt consider myself a 'noob', i've only been using ebay for 9 years and have a feedback of almost 6500.

All that aside, the OP didn't actually ask a question, they just stated that there was a problem with people logging in..

Also, I bet that the "hundreds" of members having problems with eBay still use Internet Explorer

Message 19 of 23
Latest reply

Major current ebay issue

patchoo78

All that aside, the OP didn't actually ask a question, they just stated that there was a problem with people logging in..

Which is exactly why the OP said:

"I thought i would mention it here, incase sellers are wondering why people are not paying"

and why ,at the top of this Buying Board, it states:

Buying

The place to talk about bidding and buying on eBay. Share your buying tips and experiences with fellow members.

Message 20 of 23
Latest reply