Multiple personalities!

neilonlyneil
Community Member

I have been looking at buying a brand of sunglasses.

I've noticed that the brand I am looking at buying is being sold via a seller who appears to have a number of different eBay accounts.

The advertisements are all exactly the same in appearance and wording, the accounts are all in Melbourne, but they're all fairly recent accounts with feedback of 20 or less or thereabouts.  There's lots of them so it can't be a situation where one person has copied another's listing.  The photographs are even the same in layout despite the sunglasses being different designs.

I cannot think of a reason anyone would do that.

Is there a motive I am not aware of?  Do I need to be wary of buying from one of these sellers?

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Multiple personalities!

:^O :^O :^O :^O :^O :^O

don't take life too seriously.......it's not permanent
Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

Multiple personalities!

What's with TOONGABBBIE koalablue?

I post there though I'm "in" the next suburb.

Toonie has the best P.O. 🙂

but no Fruit/vege shop anymore 😞

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

Multiple personalities!

What about multiple sellers using the one PayPal account? Dealt with several sellers from different areas in Europe and it always comes up with the same PayPal email address even though they don't seem to be associated with each other as sellers (different terms pricing and postage for the same types of items.
Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

Multiple personalities!

FIVE YEARS Cupboards..................you should knowbetter by now.Smiley LOL

Just to set your mind at rest.....you can link up to 8 ebay accounts to the same paypal account.

The sellers must be associated in some way.....just because they are in different areas does not mean they are not connected.

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

Multiple personalities!

Lyndal I do know better. I just wanted to dredge up the oldest post I could find and comment on it.

Been a very stressful day today and caffeine is broken.
Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

Multiple personalities!

@letscleanupmycupboards wrote:
What about multiple sellers using the one PayPal account? Dealt with several sellers from different areas in Europe and it always comes up with the same PayPal email address even though they don't seem to be associated with each other as sellers (different terms pricing and postage for the same types of items.

I know there was a big thing elsewhere a while back where PayPal ceased services in one European country as they couldn't reach a resolution with some financial body over there, which then left hundreds, probably thousands, of sellers on the site in question with no way to receive payment for their goods. 

I am pretty sure that a solution such as a PayPal account registered in a country where it is acceptable, possibly being used by multiple sellers, was one of the options discussed on their forums. It's possible it could be a service provided by someone, anyway, if access to a PayPal account is not possible, they may just transfer funds over to individual bank accounts. 

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply