why are`nt ebay doing nothing about my report submissions for people selling trying to sell...

Why is`nt Ebay support not doing anything about my complaints regarding people/sellers of motorcycles trying to sell their wrecked motorcycles on the main "Bikes for Sale" catergory??? these should be sold in the "Vehicle parts & Accessories" catergory, or, make a catergory for "Motorcycle Projects for Sale", it`s frustrating to see them in the Bikes for Sale catergory day after week after week, and some have "Projects" have been in there over 12 months, why don`t they break them down and sell the "Parts" section????  Robot Mad

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

why are`nt ebay doing nothing about my report submissions for people selling trying to sell...

As long as ebay are getting their money, that is all they care about

Many members here report things to them and nothing is done

How did you contact them?  In most cases, it is just bots in an overseas call center with a script

Have you tried asking for a call back and to speak to a supervisor? it would give better results than the bots

Have you reported any of the items via the report button on the listing?

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

yea, I think I`ll put it in the "can`t be bothered" basket because your right, it`s a waste of frikkin time...but thanks for your input, cheers

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

@shintowarrior82 wrote:

Why is`nt Ebay support not doing anything about my complaints regarding people/sellers of motorcycles trying to sell their wrecked motorcycles on the main "Bikes for Sale" catergory??? these should be sold in the "Vehicle parts & Accessories" catergory, or, make a catergory for "Motorcycle Projects for Sale", it`s frustrating to see them in the Bikes for Sale catergory day after week after week, and some have "Projects" have been in there over 12 months, why don`t they break them down and sell the "Parts" section????  Robot Mad

If the bikes are being sold as one lot, the sellers are not doing anything wrong. Just because you are not looking for a project bike, that does not mean no-one else is either.

As for " Why dont they break them down and sell the parts ".......Maybe they just dont want to. Maybe they havnt got the knowledge or the time, or the tools. Perhaps they live in an apartment and havnt got anywhere to work on dissasembling and storing the parts. Maybe they make $5000 a week at their day job and it does not pay them to muck around pulling a bike apart and selling the bits off one at a time on ebay. It might make much more ecenomic sense to sell their bike on cheap to some-one else who will repair it or wreck it.

There will be a million reasons why a seller will make a decision which does not match up exactly with everything you want or think. That doesnt make them wrong !!!

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Did you think about the financial ramifications of putting them in that category? In the parts and accessory category the seller must accept PayPal and is up for 11% fvf on sale amount. In the vehicles for sale category they can opt out of PayPal as it's not compulsory for vehicles and it's a fixed fvf upon sale. Assuming a $2000 sale (for example) that's a fee of $220 plus another $40 PayPal fees for a listing in the parts category or about a quarter of that in the vehicles category. Makes sense to me.
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply