USPS tracking from USA to Australia

cnb1967
Community Member

Hi, I have been waiting for a USPS delivery from an eBay seller in the USA to my address in Australia. 

I cannot find any way to track the item - the only information I keep getting from a generic website is that the item arrived at "sorting" on 10/24/2013.  It is now 10/31/2013 .... this is hopeless!

Message 1 of 60
Latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Some services are not trackable once the item leaves the USA until it arrives in Australia and is delivered.  And that only happens if it is scanned once it arrives here.

A week is not long for items from the USA...it is often up to 3 weeks these days, even with the premium services.  Do you know what service was used?

Message 2 of 60
Latest reply

My packages from the US using USPS are taking roughly 21 days that is both first class and priority. And yes once they leave the US they are not usually scanned until they hit customs in sydney or until I actually pick them up from PO.

USPS website

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction!input.action

Message 3 of 60
Latest reply

This is a good site too
http://www.packagetrackr.com/
Message 4 of 60
Latest reply

cnb,

whatever you do, do not allow it to drag out past 45 days before opening a dispute. 3-4 weeks is a typical post time from the US to Australia.

Message 5 of 60
Latest reply

Go to USPS.COM enter your tracking number and it will show you where your item is,firstly it goes through a thousand sorting facilities in the US before it arrives in Aust.

Message 6 of 60
Latest reply

zelly, read the OP....the item has been tracked to the sorting facility and no further.

Message 7 of 60
Latest reply

Yes I know but I was just explaining the whole process,and by the way congrats on the 5000

Message 8 of 60
Latest reply

Thanks zelly.

Message 9 of 60
Latest reply

You are lucky cnb.....I cannot see my 'lost' and 'untrackable' USA purchase bought 10th Oct 2013 in my ebay.com.au Purchase History'.....Oh yes, I found it in Archives....BUT I did not archive this purchase- I NEVER archive my purchases until AFTER they have arrived AND I have left feedback.....I cannot 'reverse' from archive back into purchases because there are no buttons or means to do so......also, my notations of comms have disappeared that I made with seller!! AND the USPS tracking Number has disappeared!! * wow.....lucky I can go thru Pay Pal as is 29 days.

Lucky I 'do' regular comms with sellers(!!!)......and what do you know?!...the tracking number is recorded here-so, am not going MAD after all:)

when I contacted seller on 19th Oct 2013 I said foll :

"Hi xxx,

just dropped by to let u know that i am still waiting for fabrics-I know the post is out of your control-this is ok, just keeping u informed, mainly as to why i have not given u feedback yet:)
Regards and thanks, XXX
Tracking number: LZ485355612US
.....................Paid on THURS 10th OCT
USPS site states sorted Chicago USA on 11th Oct"

seller responded on 20th Oct 2013:

"Hi XXX,
Thank you for contacting me. The parcel has departed the US on the 11th and must also clear Australia customs before it reaches your door. It usually takes anywhere between 14 to 21 days to clear through customs once the parcel arrives in abroad. Thank you for your patience 🙂

Have a pleasant evening.

Kind Regards,
xxx"

when I check for the many-eth time-eth on USPS tracking website - I get same as before:

"

October 11, 2013 , 10:04 am

Processed through USPS Sort Facility

CHICAGO, IL 60666

October 10, 2013 , 11:27 pm

Depart USPS Sort Facility

WARRENDALE, PA 15086

October 10, 2013 , 7:56 pm

Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility

WARRENDALE, PA 15086

October 10, 2013 , 6:41 pm

Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility