USPS tracking from USA to Australia

cnb1967
Community Member

Hi, I have been waiting for a USPS delivery from an eBay seller in the USA to my address in Australia. 

I cannot find any way to track the item - the only information I keep getting from a generic website is that the item arrived at "sorting" on 10/24/2013.  It is now 10/31/2013 .... this is hopeless!

Message 1 of 60
Latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

Did you realise this thread is 3 months old, and that the issue has been rectified?

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 21 of 60
Latest reply

Never ship international with USPS.  You have no way to track the package and no recourse when seller claims they did not recieve the item.

Message 22 of 60
Latest reply

You're on the Australian boards so I very much doubt if any seller here is going to use USPS...................

G'day from Down Under !!!!!

Spoiler
Yet again the thread gets resurrected..............sigh.................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 23 of 60
Latest reply

@aarongochman wrote:

Never ship international with USPS.  You have no way to track the package and no recourse when seller claims they did not recieve the item.

That is bad advice to give to your fellow United States members......even First Class Mail can be tracked when the seller uses e-Delcon

and the more expensive USPS services can certainly be tracked.

If sellers insist on using the GSP they will find they get less and less international buyers as the service is extremely expensive and very slow to Australia.

Message 24 of 60
Latest reply

I would advise not jumping onto foreign boards and dragging up 18 month old threads.

Especially when there are many more 'current' ones about this issue.

Message 25 of 60
Latest reply

Not anymore Lyndal.well not LZ parcels from the US. shows up as an error now.

Message 26 of 60
Latest reply

How recently?  It is about 3 weeks since I tracked a USPS parcel to Australia without a problem (not an ebay purchase).

Message 27 of 60
Latest reply

Harley, I have just discovered a parcel from the USA sent at the end of last week via USPS First Class Airmail with a LZ tracking number that is currently fully trackable.  It is showing 4 events since first being entered into the system.

Message 28 of 60
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Harley, I have just discovered a parcel from the USA sent at the end of last week via USPS First Class Airmail with a LZ tracking number that is currently fully trackable.  It is showing 4 events since first being entered into the system.

Has it reached Oz yet?  My last LZ tracking purchase tracked the parcel to Oz on USPS until it reached Melbourne (sorting facility) after which all I kept getting was a message to say it was untrackable in Oz.  Aust Post still said the parcel was in the US.

When it was finally delivered 4 days later (and I live in Melb) Aust Post and eBay both said delivered.  USPS still said untrackable.  E-DELCON may not be as good as it was.

Message 29 of 60
Latest reply

Yes zanadoo, it was delivered on Friday and has been fully trackable all the way.

I can not tell you when it first appeared in the system as I don't usually bother to track my parcels but the label was created on the 12/11, it was picked up by USPS on the 13th and there are 5 more tracking events before the parcel is showing as delivered on the 23rd.

As far as I am concerned that is more than enough information for me to be reassured that the parcel is on the way.

Message 30 of 60
Latest reply