USPS tracking from USA to Australia

cnb1967
Community Member

Hi, I have been waiting for a USPS delivery from an eBay seller in the USA to my address in Australia. 

I cannot find any way to track the item - the only information I keep getting from a generic website is that the item arrived at "sorting" on 10/24/2013.  It is now 10/31/2013 .... this is hopeless!

Message 1 of 60
Latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

Re: USPS tracking from USA to Australia

......been 29 days now.

Message 11 of 60
Latest reply

....Oh yes-I DID contact Australia Post by phone about a week ago, operator checked and got same info that I did.....they then said (differently to what USA seller did) "Well, the package has not arrived in Australia yet, in fact the parcel has not even left the USA yet....."

Not sure how the Aust Post woman could tell all this, but on my Grandmother's grave, this is what she said.

Who to believe?.....*Meh*......PP is there to make a claim within 45 days if need beSmiley Happy.....just wish someone could tell me where my goodies were and have ALL these people forgotten which lil black duck paid for postage with supposed 'tracking' ALL THE WAY TO DESTINATION?

Message 12 of 60
Latest reply

Just chill out paintsew.  Worrying will not get you anywhere and 29 days is not long for items from the USA.

Just so you know...parcels processed through the Chicago Sorting Facility are in danger of going missing permanently.  It is the black hole of the US postal system.

And the AP lady is right.....all mail is logged into Australia even before it goes through Customs.  And Customs does not take anything like 3 weeks.  From many years of experience I can tell you that once a parcel is in Australia it takes only 24-48 hours to be released into the AP system, unless Customs randomly holds onto it for inspection.  This can add 5-10 days to the actual delivery time.

Message 13 of 60
Latest reply

The price sellers are charging for shipping is a joke,especially for records and LP's.Every now and again you can find an honest seller with honest shipping prices.What alot are doing now is charging you for one service and thne send ing it another.Do this to me and you WILL get neg!

Message 14 of 60
Latest reply

ref. Just chill out paintsew....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arrived today 2nd Nov............am cool as nowSmiley Happy

Message 15 of 60
Latest reply

ref .....all mail is logged into Australia even before it goes through Customs.  And Customs does not take anything like 3 weeks.  From many years of experience I can tell you that once a parcel is in Australia it takes only 24-48 hours to be released into the AP system, unless Customs randomly holds onto it for inspection.  This can add 5-10 days to the actual delivery time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well, this cannot be true because I checked USPS tracking less than 24 hours ago as posted on here in this thread and NOTHING showed, either that parcel had been 'logged' or scanned here in Australia - yet my parcel arrived on my doorstep this morning!!!

Your commentary is not in-line with reality of situation or with what is actually happening lyndal!

Message 16 of 60
Latest reply

paintsew007 wrote:------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ked USPS tracking less than 24 hours ago as posted on here in this thread and NOTHING showed, either that parcel had been 'logged' or scanned here in Australia - yet my parcel arrived on my doorstep this morning!!!

Your commentary is not in-line with reality of situation or with what is actually happening lyndal!

Message 17 of 60
Latest reply

@paintsew007 wrote:

ref .....all mail is logged into Australia even before it goes through Customs.  And Customs does not take anything like 3 weeks.  From many years of experience I can tell you that once a parcel is in Australia it takes only 24-48 hours to be released into the AP system, unless Customs randomly holds onto it for inspection.  This can add 5-10 days to the actual delivery time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well, this cannot be true because I checked USPS tracking less than 24 hours ago as posted on here in this thread and NOTHING showed, either that parcel had been 'logged' or scanned here in Australia - yet my parcel arrived on my doorstep this morning!!!

Darn thing posted before I meant to.

Yes, it was not showing on the USPS tracking system because logging the mail into the country is an Australian Customs function, nothing to do with AP or USPS as such. It does not show on AP tracking but AP can often see where it is.  It is also quite possible that the package was only trackable while it was in the USA.

Once the mail is released to AP it is then up to AP to scan it if that is necessary.  And we all know how often that is not done.

Maybe my commentary is not in line with reality or what is happening but it is WHAT IS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN.  I can hardly be held responsible if AP does not live up to your expectations.

Message 18 of 60
Latest reply

australia post kicks ar.. compared to usps Pakistani PO. tracking is useless as is India post. In 5 yr of trading australia post r by far the best to deal with worldwide, in my opinion. getting parcels via usps, well I got last parcel b4 it left USA according to their tracking no.. no mention of customs but had the usual "medical sample" sticker for customs. it contained 300 valium 10mg in it as my doc retired and thought I try online. They were real deal and aussie customs tracking was spot on after they received from usps. much same with India and Pakistan.
Message 19 of 60
Latest reply

u also know AP works and sorts all weekend 24 hrs a day so don't b surprised if when ur parcel gets here from another country say on Friday, you will get it Monday unless you live on the Nullabour plains! Always worked 4 moi that way. still does and I get meds which u think ' would take longer... anyway good luck guys...A
Message 20 of 60
Latest reply