USPS tracking from USA to Australia

cnb1967
Community Member

Hi, I have been waiting for a USPS delivery from an eBay seller in the USA to my address in Australia. 

I cannot find any way to track the item - the only information I keep getting from a generic website is that the item arrived at "sorting" on 10/24/2013.  It is now 10/31/2013 .... this is hopeless!

Message 1 of 60
Latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

Me either my item is expensive and none of my tracking numbers work
Message 41 of 60
Latest reply

This thread is 3 years old....I am sure the OP is not interested in your parcel after all this time.

Have you tried any of the suggestions in this thread?

Message 42 of 60
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

This thread is 3 years old....I am sure the OP is not interested in your parcel after all this time.

Have you tried any of the suggestions in this thread?

Probably not lyndal....................that would be too easy.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 43 of 60
Latest reply

Hey whats up i have got a order comeing from u.s.a and it now is in Australia BUT it is saying (your item it held by customs) so can someone tell me is it being sized or will it get though and how is it these companies can say yes we ship to Australia and take your money and not tell you it might get sized (look i should of looked it up frist but when a sales rep tells you it is ok we do it all the time you kind of take there word) so it was held in customs on the 24/12/16 and still there could it be due to Christmas or can i say good bye to $400 bills
Message 44 of 60
Latest reply

It's up to you to find out if an item is allowed into Australia, not the seller.

If it was a banned item and customs discover it then yes, you've lost you money and will likely be put on customs list to check more of your items coming into the country.

All I can suggest is ring customs (if you're game to do it) and ask them what's happening, since none of the members here know what you're trying to import.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 45 of 60
Latest reply

If the item had been seized by Customs you would be told so....it is very clear.

You have just been notified that it has arrived in Australia and is waiting to be cleared by Customs.   At this time of the year it may take a few days

Message 46 of 60
Latest reply

One wonders just how many more times this thread (and numerous others) may be dragged up.  I hope I dont get anything sized by customs........

Message 47 of 60
Latest reply

Thanks heaps for your help and as far as i no you are not aloud to have them in Australia but with the right licence you are but what gets me is i have got them in before with no problems and just for the record i am not a young dum c..t but not that it matters due to last one is broken and i took to it with a hummer and this one did not come though so i think i will just quite and give up over it thanks heaps for all your comments and have a banging new year !!!!!!!
Message 48 of 60
Latest reply

Are we supposed to be mind readers?

Are you saying that you are importing something that you know to be restricted?   If this is the case then why ask on the boards if you are going to receive it?

Message 49 of 60
Latest reply

You took to it with a hummer? I hope you didn't damage the vehicle, that would be a shame. Although they are built like a tank, so unlikely.

I have had things take a bit to get through customs (not banned or restricted items). They needed to chase up extra paperwork. Once they got that from the sender they cleared it and it arrived a few days later. It's unlikely much would have been happening given everything has been closed for nearly a week. Plus there would be a backlog so may take longer than normal to find out if they're going to let it through or not.

Managing to sneak a restricted item through in the past without being caught is pure luck. It doesn't mean you can keep importing restricted items and think they'll get through. If it is kept, you will have lost your money. No refund. Buyer protection doesn't cover items sEized by customs.

Message 50 of 60
Latest reply