My negative feedback has been removed

My negative feedback to a seller has been removed. How do i contact ebay to have it reinstated. It was genuinely deserved. This cuts to the credibility of ebay when such comments are removed without reference to the buyer.

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

If it was anything like your previous neg for a seller then I would say there were grounds for it's removal.

Arrived five days after scheduled delivery date which was too late for purpose.

Sellers have no control once they have posted an item and if it was posted within their handling time, irrespective of which date it is delivery, the seller should have received 5 stars for doing so.

The estimated delivery dates are given to eBay from Aust Post and AP have not factored in delays, public holidays, etc.

In this particular neg your grievance is with Australia Post unless the seller posted outside of their handling time.

image host
Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

If you mentioned anything about a case being opened, then ebay removes the fb.

You can call them.    Help button at the top of the page.

But your feedback certainly mentions, frequently,  the time it took to receive.  

The seller has no control over the item once it's posted.

Don't rely on the estimated delivery dates given by ebay.

Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

@joy21.039 wrote:

My negative feedback to a seller has been removed. How do i contact ebay to have it reinstated. It was genuinely deserved. This cuts to the credibility of ebay when such comments are removed without reference to the buyer.

Hi joy21.039 , sorry to hear of your plight.  Please can give give an outline of the circumstances relating to the issue. Was it a case of mis-grading or damage?

Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

There is a negative still there about not arriving yet after 35 days but this should be directed at the postal service and not the seller as the seller has no control over when an item arrives.

A seller will have these types of negatives removed easily.

Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

I am guessing OP may have pushed to have the feedback reinstated.

Poor seller if Australia Post has lost the item. NOT sellers fault so one shouldn't shoot the messenger.

image host
Message 6 of 23
Latest reply

That's not the negative I'm referring to. This has nothing to do with the case I mentioned here. The feedback for the case mentioned said " Arrived with yellow stains all over the back, sewing flaws on the front and colour very misrepresented."

But in that case you mentioned I should have added that it wasn't posted on time. That was the problem. Scheduled delivery date was well after listed time when I paid and then came an additional five days after that. I find Australia Post quite reliable actually and selers do need to be realistic when stating delivery times as people depend on it.

To me if it arrives on time and as described it gets positive feedback. If considerably late with no explanation or not as described it deserves negative.I'd have the courtesy of telling someone it I was late posting for some reason. 

Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

If it wasn't posted on time, fair enough, but I just want to reiterate what was said above - sellers do not state the delivery timeframes.

They are put on listings by eBay - if they are unrealistic, it's because eBay has no clue.
Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

Thanks for your reply.  No my feedback had nothing to do with delivery time it was about yellow stains on rear, sewing flaws on front and misrepresented colour ( yes I understand the last point is subjective).

But I disagree that postage time is out of the seller's control. Sellers know when an item was delivered and large sellers have enough information to be able to record a realistic expected delivery time when advertising the expected date. Better to under promise and over deliver rather than the reverse. If buyers don't give this feedback how do others know that an item is likely to be late from a particular seller? 

Yes I did end up managing to correspond by email but that was fairly pointless.  It went around in circles with the writers just repeating the same response to different factors I mentioned. It was like talking to a robot. 

What happened was the seller offered me a refund if I removed the negative feedback. The negative feedback was only placed because initially he had failed to accept responsiblility for the flaws which were photographed on the day it arrived and sent to him immediately. It transpired that to get the refund I had to print the label, rewrap the carpet roll, which involved buying plastic, and deliver it to the courier's depot then wait until they received it. That was a ridiculous waste of my time and as I was away it was impossible for me to do that in the time frame.  I couldn't be bothered anyway. It was not my responsiblity to go to that trouble and expense for their faulty product.   I told them to forget about it and I used the rug as it was. I declined to change the feedback though because none of that offer made up for the fact that I effectively had a damaged rug on the floor. It should never have been sent in that condition. They deserved negative feedback. 

As I declined to send the rug back Ebay 'ruled in the seller's favour" and my feedback was removed from my record and the sellers. 

The upshot is the seller provided an appalling service and product and others should know about it. I won't be shopping as much on Ebay from now on. The feedback system is clearly not honest. 

Message 9 of 23
Latest reply

Sellers don't state delivery times,ebay states delivery times that are absolutely unrealistic so you can't leave negative feedback when it's not the sellers fault but you can mark down the stars or click if the item arrived after the due date.

Message 10 of 23
Latest reply