New scam on ebay

treeo0
Community Member
Rip off by a scammer on ebay with 5 other buyers same item changing barcode on printed out postage show tracking shows delivered
Ebay wont refund even thou they suspended this scammer and paypal carnt do **bleep** either
Message 1 of 46
Latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Re: New scam on ebay

Actually it was even later because at first they tried to convince me that I had not heard him... So almost 2 weeks after the fake attempted delivery.

Message 41 of 46
Latest reply

treeo0
Community Member
Ask him again for tracking number if no reply then allow 7 days then just put a claim in
Message 42 of 46
Latest reply

Did you pay with a credit/debit card?

No need to be emotional, just tell them if they don't refund you, then you will inititate a chargeback. This is why you should always use Paypal linked to a credit/debit card. Never use a bank transfer or let Paypal direct debit your bank account. At some point over the last few years Paypal tried to always set your default payment to your bank account, I think they gave up trying to force that on people.

Message 43 of 46
Latest reply

You'll be glad to hear that treeo0 has already received the refund, through contacting eBay again even after having had the claim repeatedly denied.

Message 44 of 46
Latest reply

I don't understand why eBay makes it so hard to get a refund from this scam. Its so obvious.

Message 45 of 46
Latest reply

@treeo0 wrote:
Claim from both ebay and paypal to open a case
My appeal on ebay was rejected but i fought it to be reopened till common sence finally was made

Hi Tree, I take it from another coment here by Countess that you recieved your refund. Could you tell me please how long it took. It seems an ordeal that you ent through.

Message 46 of 46
Latest reply