No shipping from Brazil?

I bought two items from a seller in Brazil on December 24 2021. They were marked posted on December 28 with an estimated delivery range of February 3 to 17. I waited patiently until two weeks beyond February 17 and then sent the seller an “item not received” notice. A few days later the seller cancelled my purchases, without even asking, and refunded my payment. I thought to myself, well that was that…..the items got lost in the mail. To my surprise and anger, however, both items were relisted a couple of days later!! I inquired what had happened only to find out that my two items were NEVER posted because apparently, Brazil Post does not ship to Australia under the current circumstances. Australia Post says otherwise.

I bought the relisted items again (at a much higher bid I might add) on March 11 2022. They were marked posted on March 15, so I contacted the seller yet again, to ask if this is indeed the case, and to ask for the Registration Number of my letter. The reply was: “Exactly, I marked it as sent. Not because it was sent, but because I have to mark it as sent because orders are not accumulated in the payment box…..” I also offered to pay for courier delivery instead, but received no response. So my items are in limbo again with an estimated delivery range of April 20 to May 5, which I seriously doubt after the first experience. So, my questions are:

Are others experiencing similar delivery difficulties, especially from Brazil?

Is the seller under ANY obligation to be truthful about items sent? (In my case it’s an obvious lie!)

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

No shipping from Brazil?

Your mistake was repurchasing from an untruthful seller. If he didn't send the first time, what made you think he would send the second time, regardless of whether Brazil Post is shipping to Aus or not.

You will now have to wait again until enough time has passed for you to open a case for "Not Received". This will be relatively easy to do as the seller has not provided any tracking number.......because they never sent anything.

Please stop buying from this guy.

What is their seller feedback like?

The whole thing smacks of a scam at minimum. Get buyer to purchase, don't send item, hope that enough time passes and buyer doesn't open case or forgets, delivery goes beyond 30 day window after shipping estimate, seller gets to keep money. Rinse and repeat.

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

No shipping from Brazil?

To be quite honest, I wouldn't have tried to buy again from this seller a second time. Are these items really so rare that you desperately want them?

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

No shipping from Brazil?

The seller has a 100% positive feedback rating of 7245 with 2 neutrals for similar issues to mine, so go figure!

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

No shipping from Brazil?

How many of those positives are for as a seller though? 

And are there any 'false positives' (green tick with negative comment) 

Any positives as a buyer do not count, since buyers can only get positives

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

No shipping from Brazil?

A fool and their money are soon parted! 

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

No shipping from Brazil?

All but two positive feedbacks are "Received as Seller"!

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

No shipping from Brazil?

Not necessarily! The seller refunded without question the first time and I'm sure that they will do so again, should I ask for it. However, I have specifically requested that they wait a few more weeks before doing so. I want the item, even if it means waiting longer.

Delivery to Australia is very patchy at present. I just lost an item in the mail from New York, but was refunded without a question. Some letters from the USA are delayed, while others are not. Canada, Europe and the UK are doing well, South America not, it seems. The situation is much worse now than in last year's lockdown..... don't know why!

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

No shipping from Brazil?

@samoaman wrote:

The situation is much worse now than in last year's lockdown..... don't know why!

Probably because COVID cases worldwide have exploded, and thus those people in quaranteen have also exploded.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

No shipping from Brazil?

@samoaman wrote:

Not necessarily! The seller refunded without question the first time and I'm sure that they will do so again, should I ask for it. However, I have specifically requested that they wait a few more weeks before doing so. I want the item, even if it means waiting longer.

485B5FC1-5356-48B0-9BFF-3A224CEE3208.jpeg

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 10 of 15
Latest reply