Non Delivery Of eBay Purchases More Frequent

bussosz
Community Member

Having read posts relating to the non delivery of purchasesI am dissappointed that non delivery is becoming more prevealent not less.

One seller even talks about about shoplifting being the cause,  which is rubbish.

I have been buying on ebay since 2004 and never had a non delivery till last year (2015).  Already this year I have had two (2) non deliveries and my wife has had two.

This cannot be improved when ebay will not allow negative feedback after it enters dispute resolution.   The seller just makes a refund when pressed with no penalty.  Probably hoping the buyer will give up and leave it alone. Meanwhile the buyer has to start all over again to purchase the item which was probably never sent.

Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Non Delivery Of eBay Purchases More Frequent

bussosz
Community Member

Would seem that no one really gets the point.  Just a whole lot of sellers saying "oh dear someone has said something dreadful about sellers"  Look,  if the caps fits.........

What wasn't under stood was I don't particularly care or want a refund,  I want the item I purchased.  The amount money involved hasn't been great and wouldn't have bothered me much if there there was no refund.

Looking at the total non deliveries verses total purchases, non deliveries are a very small percetage, so no drama,  I was just making the point there seems to be an increase.

As no other buyers have supported this notion I will just put it down to a blip and get on with life.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

How is it the sellers fault for no delivery?

You want to give a seller neg feedback?

Blame the postal service not the seller,and the seller makes a refund when pressed with no penalty,what about the seller

refunds plus loses the item,at least the buyer gets their money back,what more do you want?

Message 2 of 32
Latest reply

Not to mention the buyers taking advantage of the MBG.

image host
Message 3 of 32
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Not to mention the buyers taking advantage of the MBG.

So true Kopes, there are more and more instances posted on the boards of buyers scamming sellers by either claiming non-delivery for untracked large letters (from multiple sellers) or claiming INAD after the item has obviously been used for an occasion (noteably the facebook expose a little while back) where the seller is forced to pay return postage for a possibly unsaleable item, or lose the item and their money.

Couple that with eBay tending to side with the buyer in the majority of cases and it's no wonder sellers are doing everything in their power to cover their a......s themselves. 

And eBay can't see there's a problem there ?????  Sheesh, even Blind Freddy can see through that one.

Unfortunately until eBay does something about the inequality of their decisions it can only get worse.

As I've said before over the last couple of years about 20% of my saved sellers have pulled out of eBay because of the above problems, and/or eBay's continual grab for more fees ( as in postage fees where Aussie sellers pay the full wack, but US sellers only pay it on domestic postage - a level playing field? I think not)

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 32
Latest reply

@bussosz wrote:

Having read posts relating to the non delivery of purchasesI am dissappointed that non delivery is becoming more prevealent not less.

One seller even talks about about shoplifting being the cause,  which is rubbish.

I have been buying on ebay since 2004 and never had a non delivery till last year (2015).  Already this year I have had two (2) non deliveries and my wife has had two.

This cannot be improved when ebay will not allow negative feedback after it enters dispute resolution.   The seller just makes a refund when pressed with no penalty.  Probably hoping the buyer will give up and leave it alone. Meanwhile the buyer has to start all over again to purchase the item which was probably never sent.

First, responding to the statment I have bolded... May I ask what makes you qualified to say that? The reason I ask, is you're making a blanket statement about the experiences of someone else, and I'm not sure what you're basing that on.

I get that you've experienced a couple of non-deliveries recently, and I presume you're not a shoplifter, but that has nothing to do with transactions between other sellers and buyers.

Second, I'd like to address the last paragraph, where you mention the sellers refunding you.

You can thank eBay for that. I don't get a high number of instances of non-delivery out of the many packages I send weekly, but I can assure you that I for one not only send every single order that is made, but if one does happen to go astray, I would prefer to send out replacements 99% of the time because A) it's what the buyer wants and B) because it's more economical. Yet, thanks to eBay's lack of foresight, and their stupid (stupid) request system that can result in very serious consequences for a seller if they don't resolve it, I instead refund 100% of the time, because there is no option at all for me to send out a replacement without risking those consequences. If a buyer contacts me directly rather than uses the request system, they can have whatever option they want, if they use the request system, they - via eBay's shoddy system - instantly rule out the option for replacement (which would be unlikely to arrive any faster than if they buy another item, just by the by). 

If you truly believe the only reason a buyer wouldn't receive their item is because they seller didn't send it, I'm probably wasting my time here... but I hope you are in possession of enough logic and reason to consider that sometimes - just sometimes - Australia Post don't do their job, or there's a truck fire, or floods, or a bunch of mail gets stolen from one of their sorting centres, or any of the various other reasons mail can go astray... (just do a quick google, if you're so inclined, and you'll find plenty of information and news articles about AP truck fires, sorting centre theft, and the like). 

Message 5 of 32
Latest reply

Welll said digi (as always).

Not sure how many other sellers have added OP to the party list, but I certainly would be.

Message 6 of 32
Latest reply

Just checked out OP's feedback. Lot's of purchases from Overseas - "CHINA" - probably says it all.

Message 7 of 32
Latest reply

Also just looked at FB left for others.  OP obviously has not realised that the delivery estimates are purely that, ESTIMATES from the imagination of the robots at Ebay.

Message 8 of 32
Latest reply

Seems to me they might be the typ of person who is perfectly aware but does not care

Ebay and Australia Post can do no wrong and all sellers are dodgy

Message 9 of 32
Latest reply

bussosz
Community Member

Would seem that no one really gets the point.  Just a whole lot of sellers saying "oh dear someone has said something dreadful about sellers"  Look,  if the caps fits.........

What wasn't under stood was I don't particularly care or want a refund,  I want the item I purchased.  The amount money involved hasn't been great and wouldn't have bothered me much if there there was no refund.

Looking at the total non deliveries verses total purchases, non deliveries are a very small percetage, so no drama,  I was just making the point there seems to be an increase.

As no other buyers have supported this notion I will just put it down to a blip and get on with life.

Message 10 of 32
Latest reply