Order No. 09-10885-13929 Delivery address is wrong, shoud be

deb75524
Community Member

Please advise me at email once correct delivery address has ben done.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

No point telling the forum,  send a PM to the seller.

You have now told the world and all the scammers your email and postal address.  Good luck.

PS.  Sellers have to send to the address on the purchase order,  make sure you update the address details when you purchase

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

I have reported the post to the moderators, so they can hopefully remove the private information before the scammers get hold of it. Given it's been over 2 hours since the original post, I suspect the scammers have already scanned and got their info. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

No point telling the forum,  send a PM to the seller.

You have now told the world and all the scammers your email and postal address.  Good luck.

PS.  Sellers have to send to the address on the purchase order,  make sure you update the address details when you purchase

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

I have reported the post to the moderators, so they can hopefully remove the private information before the scammers get hold of it. Given it's been over 2 hours since the original post, I suspect the scammers have already scanned and got their info. 

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

You need to know your own address and make sure it is correct 

Nobody is going to do it for you

And it is too late after having already given your address (which it asks you to confirm is correct) to expect to get it changed

Glad a mod has removed your personal details now, there is a reason there is a big banner across the top of the page when you go to post telling you not to post personal details

If you choose to ignore that as you did, you are going to leave yourself open to any and every scammer who reads here

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

thankyou for your suggestions

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Did you manage to get it delivered to the correct address?? People kinda like to know the eventual outcome so they can adjust their advice to be more effective for the next person.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

I agree buyers need to check their address is correct before commiting to purchase.

The bit about the big banner though. I am wondering if it depends on what device people are using. There are no banners at all across the top of the pages when I access the discussion boards.

Not on the Community home page, not on the individual discussion boards.

And I am replying because I wanted to see if one came up when I went to reply, but so far, nothing yet either.

If some new people are searching for a way to contact ebay, I can understand how some of them might be confused at first if they aren't familiar with forums.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

I'm not sure why anyone would give out their address etc on a public forum/site/page at all, banner or not

One should'nt need to be told not to do it 

Common sense surely would say you don't put such information on full display where anyone in the world who has an internet access can see it and use it as they please

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

I agree, but I think there is a certain percentage of new people who don't realise this is a public forum. It's often obvious by the types of posts they make that they think they are sending a private message to ebay reps.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Springy, the banner appears when you 'Start a conversation'.

It's hard to miss.

This is a public forum - please don't post personal information such as your name, financial information, address, email or phone number.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply