PayPal issues

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone else is having issues logging into paypal and paying for an item?

Can't pay for a CD I bought and I am assuming it's the Friday maintenance issues?

Thanks,

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: PayPal issues

"Error.  Return to merchant."

"We are unable to validate your information.  Please try again."

"At this time, we are unable to process your request. Please return to eBay and try another option."

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

ytwo000
Community Member

@floorjansen wrote:

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone else is having issues logging into paypal and paying for an item?

Can't pay for a CD I bought and I am assuming it's the Friday maintenance issues?

Thanks,

i had the same problem last week but it did work a few hours later. seems ebay have problems every friday.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Thanks - I had a completely unrelated issue last Friday too - I will keep trying over a few hours, and might message my poor seller and let them know I can't pay until paypal fixes itself if it's not fixed soon-ish.
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

@floorjansen wrote:
Thanks - I had a completely unrelated issue last Friday too - I will keep trying over a few hours, and might message my poor seller and let them know I can't pay until paypal fixes itself if it's not fixed soon-ish.

yep. i sent my seller a message too.turned out all good.cheers.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Ok problem solved after calling paypal - it's a temporary maintenance glitch (surprise, surprise lol) that affects some users with a 6-digit security code which of course, i have lol.

Item paid for now 🙂

Thanks!

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

@floorjansen wrote:

Ok problem solved after calling paypal - it's a temporary maintenance glitch (surprise, surprise lol) that affects some users with a 6-digit security code which of course, i have lol.

Item paid for now 🙂

Thanks!

ahh yep ok. just learnt something new.wink.jpeg

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Hi There!!

Ah, good ol' Friday.

Board regulars often call it "Friday gremlins" as you are right, Friday is maintenance day.

It is very usual for lots of aspects of buying, selling and paying and every other aspect of the site to not work properly or at all on Fridays.

If the problem persists, please see your doctor all we can do is wait until later.

There have been recommendations for sellers to not try to start or end listings on Friday evenings. There have occasionally been warnings to buyers to not rely on the item you are trying to purchase on a Friday as there is too high a likelihood of the sale not going through and missing out. This is not to say don't bid, but don't be surprised if the site and/or sale fails.

Good luck and happy ebaying!

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

I start and end a lot of listings on Fridays, it's often my busiest day. Nothing ends before 7.30pm though. The Gremlins have usually gone to bed by then.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Just a FYI guys and gals, problem was still there on Saturday after I had re-activated my security code.  I am not sure if it is fixed, however PayPal said to ring them and check back before re-enabling my key again to see if they have fixed the issue yet. Will call them during the week and see.

🙂

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply