Paypal no longer accept PO Box delivery addresses

I live in a rural area, and I am frequently absent from home for several days at a time.  I  use a  PO Box as a practical and secure way to hold my mail while I am away.

Recently my PO Box number changed, so I changed my eBay account address to reflect the new number. However when I went to Paypal to amend the address there, I found that Paypal no longer allows a PO Box as a primary delivery address. I can enter a PO Box as a 'gift address', but I am unsure of the implications of doing this.

If I put in my residential address as my primary address, and my PO Box as a gift address, will I have to remember to select the gift address each time I pay for an item, or is there some way I can have it default to the PO Box every time?

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

cezm
Community Member

I noticed that a few months ago. My primary address with PP has always been a PO Box.

A few months ago AP changed the box numbers and the suburb, although nothing physically changed. When I tried to update it I wasn't able to so I just left the original PO Box as my primary address. I have put my new PO Box as a delivery address but luckily it doesn't matter if I forget to select it as it's the same box anyway!

Message 11 of 21
Latest reply

I live in rural newfoundland and canada post has all homes as po boxes. My white mail box at the end of my driveway is a P.O. Box 137. I use paypal all the time and have no issues with purchases being sent to my po box address. I also have a civic address 22 main st but canada post does not accept that as my shipping address.
Message 12 of 21
Latest reply

Errrrrr, besides this being a 2 1/2 year old thread, did you know you are on the Australian boards?

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 13 of 21
Latest reply

But it's nice that they put all that private info on a public forum   

Message 14 of 21
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

But it's nice that they put all that private info on a public forum   

Maybe we could write to them. They could be our new pen pal.

Message 15 of 21
Latest reply

Need to find my quill first.

That's what you write with,  right?          Image result for smiley writing animated       Related image

Message 16 of 21
Latest reply

I wonder if people still do the pen pal thing? Or is it just all email and Facebook these days? I know as a teen it was exciting waiting to get another letter from my PP in the US. We'd only get one each a month due to the delivery times, so sometimes the wait was torture. We did lose touch when our lives changed and got busier. I searched for her on Facebook a few months back and found her, but didn't know whether to contact her or not. I still know her address that I sent her letters to! It seems she still holidays in the same place she did as a kid, only she now takes her family there.

Message 17 of 21
Latest reply

Awww, that's nice.  Maybe you should just pop in to FB and say Hi.

But be ready, if you don't have the time, it might be a pain.

Message 18 of 21
Latest reply

Cannot even call PP - their programming is hopeless.  It is almost impossible to remove an address. I know there will be replies saying go to screen 4, twiddle your thumb and then breathe slowly. Why do programmers use such convoluted thinking?

e.g. It asks in one place to remove limitations (implying you are under some sort of limitation) go to resolution centre/ account limitations. Go to resolution centre and there is no Account Limitation. This suggests I do not have my account limited but it does not say this. It would be really simple for that to be done.

Message 19 of 21
Latest reply

THIS IS AN 8 YEAR OLD TOPIC.

Information this old is often irrelevant.

Please start your own discussion with a new topic.

Message 20 of 21
Latest reply