Paypal refund

Hi Everyone,

Just a question plz.

Last Monday I won an auction for an item and paid for it using paypal, I received the item on Friday but it's  defective and doesn't work as it should. I contacted the seller and opened a request to return the item case. The seller accepted the return and has already refunded on Saturday as I saw a refund transaction for the amount I paid in my paypal acc but it (that amount) is not in my bank credit card acc - not sure if because of the weekend - the transaction hasn't been updated in the bank system yet or if any other issue? I need to ensure I receive the refund before sending back the item. Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Paypal refund

Yes I will make sure that is the case. Thanks.

Message 21 of 27
Latest reply

Hi everyone

Many thanks for your info and advice. The refund now shows up in my CC acc - it took the bank too long to process and I also got the return postage label provided by the seller and it's trackable (AusPost said so). So It's safe for me to go ahead and return the item to the seller now and wait until he receives it, then I will close the INAD case on ebay. Once again thanks you all for your help. Appreciated!

Cheers

This is from my CC acc

20230828_211854000_iOS.png

Message 22 of 27
Latest reply

That's great. I thought so though. As refunds are not processed by banks on weekends, it might take even longer on Mon because they have more refunds to process (all the weekend refunds + new Mon refunds).

Message 23 of 27
Latest reply

arctoph_49
Community Member

Excellent.

Message 24 of 27
Latest reply

1 business day to process a refund is quick I feel. Try and get a payment hold taken off which can take 5 days.

Message 25 of 27
Latest reply

Not sure what all the fuss was about,  everyone knows (except the OP), that refunds take a couple of days to process through the system, and throw in a weekend, just adds to that.  I'm so glad there wasnt a public holiday in there, they would be having kittens by now.

Message 26 of 27
Latest reply

@sugar249 wrote:

Not sure what all the fuss was about,  everyone knows (except the OP), that refunds take a couple of days to process through the system, and throw in a weekend, just adds to that.  I'm so glad there wasnt a public holiday in there, they would be having kittens by now.

Oh for the love of god, please not kittens. It's not that they aren't cute and all furry like, but I'd much prefer calves or lambs. Or even Cria. They are rather cute.

Message 27 of 27
Latest reply