Pick up item

I wanted to buy an item and it is a pick up locally. The item was listed on Gumtree a while back and I was thinking of buying it then but had a slight discrepancy with seller so forgot about it.
If I buy item she will figure out its me and could dig her heels in and possibly cancel the sale(I'm not sure if she can do this)
I do have to go and pick up and am a bit apprehensive about it. She seems very fussy and demanding i. e. argued I couldn't take item on bus as it was too large which was rubbish. You can also make offer on item.
Message 1 of 90
Latest reply
89 REPLIES 89

Re: Pick up item

@michellebartley wrote:
Who said I insulted someone. Get your facts straight. I've got no right to someone's belongings so you stated gee that's strange they're on the internet for sale my cash is as good as the next persons. Oh! boo hoo hoo hoo to you.

You did. You claimed they defamed you, for a start. You were going to take the cops around when you confronted them. That's off the top of my head. I am sure there are other instances in this thread.

Your cash is the same as the next person's, true. But eBay give buyers the tools to inflict considerable damage on sellers, so prudent sellers steer clear of potential problems.

Like people publicly complaining the day a seller lists something, giving the seller no time to blink. Or a buyer complaining they haven't had any communication or tracking from a seller the day they purchased from somebody in a totally different time zone.

Message 81 of 90
Latest reply

@michellebartley wrote:
Who said I insulted someone. Get your facts straight. I've got no right to someone's belongings so you stated gee that's strange they're on the internet for sale my cash is as good as the next persons. Oh! boo hoo hoo hoo to you.

You'd like to think so, but you're not really in a position to decide that on the seller's behalf.

I have declined sales from people, or dropped them as regular clients, because their money came with hassles I just didn't want - most recently it was a buyer who routinely spent a couple hundred every month or two. I no longer want their business due to their behaviour and consistent disrespect (and it wouldn't matter to me if they spent $5 a year or $5000).

Besides which, your $48 (or whatever) is very clearly not as good as another buyer's $68. 

Message 82 of 90
Latest reply

By offering them only 70% of the asking price you insulted them. Yes, it's on the internet for sale but you're not prepared to pay the price so your cash isn't worth anything to the seller.

Boo hoo hoo to you. You're the one throwing the tantrum because you can't get your way and have what you want, when you want it, how you want it, and for the price you want it.
Message 83 of 90
Latest reply

Well then it seems you've worked all that out quite successfully here's a bigger and better boo hoo hoo de hoo hoo to you.
Message 84 of 90
Latest reply

Now that you have made your 3 offers the only way you can get the item is to buy it at the full price.

Message 85 of 90
Latest reply

At long last, we get to see what the fuss is all about.

1. it is a new seller. They aren't as experienced as you & probably just want to sell their things with no hassles & not much communication. Their ads are pretty short on description. They're not big talkers.

2. They have 3 ads and I suspect all the ads are for the same things but in different combinations. So they probably don't know exactly how ebay works.

3. If they think the cages & toys are worth $108, then they are probably not willing to budge from $68 for the cages. They may even have thought make an offer means make a bid above $68. 

4. It's used condition & I suspect there could be a slight crack in one of the cages, if it is the same one as in the $106 ad. Don't buy unless you're okay with that.

5. If they ignored an offer  or offers on gumtree (which is fee free), then they have come on ebay for one reason and that is to get MORE than they were being offered on gumtree. Just so you know,, your offer of $48 was probably always going to be rejected by the majority of sellers, it is way below the ball park. You can alwqays try your luck but if you have already made 3 offers on ebay, I don't think you can make more anyway.

6. Either buy the thing outright or look elsewhere.

You can probably do that, I doubt the seller would have a clue about blocks etc

7. You could possibly take it on a bus but not peak hour and it's an awkward shape to carry. Get a friend to drive you.

But you need to either pay full price or move on.

Message 86 of 90
Latest reply

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

@4channel

now I do not feel appreciated. 

If you only knew how much pain I was in when I recalled your bad experiences you would bow down and thank me for taking the time to do so from a hospital bed.

Spoiler
actually, it is I that should be thanking you. The nurse told me to try an focus on something menial, trivial or of little significance to take my mind off the pain.  I straight away came to the boards and saw your post and thought "ah ha".
It worked for a little while . . . . enough that I could fall asleep and now am in less pain.
Spoiler
Spoiler
Please keep posting these next few days. I need you to. 
Spoiler
And don't be afraid to mention garden ornaments, the GSP, the GST, Pitney Bowes,  banking exec's, $50m golden handshakes or how good michelle is.

PS. I didn't read all of your reply to my post, just the first couple of paragraphs. I'm saving the rest for tomorrow night when I need another round of distractions.

Good fellow, I won't be able to say much more the above things you mentioned. They aren't relavent to this thread anyway. And as for garden ornaments, I've been trying hard not to equate them to a certain polititian as you're not a great fan of my doing that.

Anyway gnomes (if that's what you're referring to and not swans) have already been mentioned.

@enigmabear wrote:

And those evil looking garden gnomes outside the seller's house

Spoiler
They           are           alive 

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/Pick-up-item/td-p/2226493/page/3

I wish you a speedy recovery and that Michelle gets what she wants.

Message 87 of 90
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:
Good fellow, I won't be able to say much more the above things you mentioned. They aren't relavent to this thread anyway. And as for garden ornaments, I've been trying hard not to equate them to a certain polititian as you're not a great fan of my doing that.

Anyway gnomes (if that's what you're referring to and not swans) have already been mentioned.

They aren't relavent to this thread anyway

when has that ever stopped you?

Message 88 of 90
Latest reply

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

@4channel wrote:

They aren't relavent to this thread anyway

when has that ever stopped you?

Well sir, I believe that's the pot calling the kettle black. But hey I'm not going to get into another side-discussion. If you are talking about politictions catering to greedy mega businessmen an lobbyists whilst scraping the calcium from our bones in the forms of more taxes then it would have a bearing on what a certain thread that relates to taxes is about. I just address the larger picture.

Message 89 of 90
Latest reply

This topic is locked due to continous irrelevant discussion. 

Message 90 of 90
Latest reply