Problem with ebay checkout & Paypal

stonehaven10mel
Community Member

Is anyone else having a problem paying for items with Paypal via the ebay checkout? I bought and paid for an item on the 21st of November and had no issues at all. I bought an item on the 28th of November and when I went though the ebay checkout and logged onto Paypal it said "it could not process the transaction at this time" and had a "Return to Merchant" button on the page. I tried again to pay for it the next day and got the same message. I spoke to ebay and they said they couldn't see any problem and didn't know why it had happened and to get the seller to invoice me directly through Paypal. That worked ok. It happened again when I bought something on the 1st of December and then again today. The problems seems to have coincided with ebay making changes to their site. Is anyone else having problems?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Problem with ebay checkout & Paypal

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Short answer....no problems here.

I have made a number of payments over the same period and every one went through without a hitch.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Yes Same here? any news on fixing this?

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

stonehaven10mel
Community Member

Hi evilchuckie666,

I had a live chat with ebay help just before posting this topic and they said they were going to submit a report to their Technical Team. Bought something last night and still had the same problem. Thanks so much for your reply, I was beginning to think it was only happening to me. When did you start having problems?

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

stonehaven10mel
Community Member

I am still having problems with the ebay checkout when trying to pay with Paypal. Anyone else? Please reply to this post if you are. Ebay keep telling me they can't see anything wrong and it is me.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

stonehaven10mel
Community Member

For the past 5 weeks I have not been able to access Paypal via the ebay checkout to pay for items. I have contacted ebay about this and they say the Technical team is working on it. They said that on the 20th of December and I know it is a bad time of year with holidays and the like but nothing has been fixed. The only way I can pay with Paypal is if the seller send me a payment request via Paypal. It is stopping me buying items that require instant payment X-( Is anyone else having this problem? Please reply to this post if you are because if I can give customer support some other names they might be able to correlate the error.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I have paid for many items in the last 5 weeks and have not had any issues at all.

Just one payment "could not be completed at this time" but I waited a few minutes and tried again...wen through perfectly.

If it was a widespread problem with ebay/paypal there would be dozens of irate ebayers coming here to the boards.

You really need to look closer to home I think.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

I have sent one Paypal payment, and received over 20 payments in December, definately no problems here.

maybe you need to clear your own computer, delete cookies, clear cachet and reBoot.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

stonehaven10mel
Community Member

Thanks for you replies lyndal & putney. I thought it might be a computer problem but I have tried it with 3 different computers with 3 different internet service providers and it still happened every time. I have made sure my email addresses for ebay and paypal are the same so there is no conflict there either. I am at a loss and it seems ebay/paypal are too.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

stonehaven10mel
Community Member

Yay! I fixed my problem today. No help from ebay though, One minute they were saying the Technical Team were working on it, the next time I contacted them they said there wasn't a problem.

Well.......It turned out to be a problem with the new choice of "Pay after delivery" which had been set as the default by Paypal. Once I cleared that the problem went away and I made up for lost shopping time real fast ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply