REMOVED

pmuliadi
Community Member

REMOVED sent me item that never arrived. When I queried it, I always receive prompt reply. Basically the response was to please not leave any negative feedback and be patience.

Until the 60 days limit to leave feedback have lapsed. I am now out of pocket, order never arrived, unable to leave feedback and they have stopped replying to my message. Any sugestions what to do? Item was not expensive, but still leave me very annoyed

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: (Best to avoid including eBay member IDs when posting with complaint)

Defamation might be an argument if it was not the truth. Oh well... so be it. 

One bad seller tarnish all the good ones. Pity, but thats how it is

Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

@pmuliadi wrote:

Defamation might be an argument if it was not the truth. Oh well... so be it. 

One bad seller tarnish all the good ones. Pity, but thats how it is

By your own admission it wasn't the truth.

Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

Oh well. really put me off ebay for sure

Certainly off the boards if you continue to breach policy.

Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

pmuliadi, I hope that you've opened a dispute in PayPal; how is that going?

Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

Did not get anywhere with Paypal. The amount does not bother me much. 

It is the fact that the seller was stringing me along, I had no idea that buyer only have 60 days to put feedback, and I was trying to give the seller benefit of the doubt. My fault for trying to be understanding.

For reference, the seller were citing chinese new year holiday as one of the reasons it was being delayed. It has not been received since.

And now, I was one being penalized for complaining. Privacy act being used against me.

Thanks so much for the response guys. Its good knowing that this is not the first time it happened, i was not the first and only buyer being disadvantaged.  Good to know that customer guarantees act is not always being enforced. 

Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

For reference, the seller were citing chinese new year holiday as one of the reasons it was being delayed.

This is actually true.  The Chinese shut down, sometimes for weeks, to celebrate their New Year.

It's not just one day, like it is for us.

Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

Yes, I know it is a 2 weeks holiday in some countries. But even until now it still has NOT arrived. 

Ordered it on 22 Jan 2018. It is now 30 May 2018. I waited until early April before I posted in this forum. 

Not impressed with how I get treated. 

Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

I am a little surprised that you weren't able to get PayPal to give you a refund.

Do you want to call them once more, noting all the details of your call (time, date, to whom you're talking, substance of the call), and advise the customer service representative (very politely) that  you will be left with no choice but to open a dispute with the Financial Ombudsman?

If that call does not result in a refund, then do please lodge the dispute. It costs you nothing to do so. (The more times that people do not lodge a dispute when their case is actually deserving of a refund, small though that amount may be, the more one feels taken advantage of with no recourse. The system isn't perfect, but at least we do have the Financial Ombudsman as a resource, and it would be almost tacitly encouraging PayPal in what does seem, by what you've posted here, to be an unfair decision.)

The other alternative, if you're not inclined to take the FOS route, would be to instruct your card provider (if you funded your PayPal transaction with a credit or debit card) to do a chargeback as the item hasn't arrived.

Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

pmuliadi
Community Member
Thank you. It is not the amount that annoys me. I havd since bought the item from elsewhere.
It is not worth the hassle with ombudsman, since seller isnt based in australia. Gone with chargeback option instead.

It is the way it was handled, the procedure and unability to warn others that frustrates me. To be honest, what happened here makes it worse.

As a buyer, obviously we have less protection
Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

As a buyer you have the best protection from ebay lol.

Here's a thought don't buy cheap **bleep** from China simple as that lol.

Message 20 of 20
Latest reply