Refund for failed voucher - still waiting nearly 3 months

I made a purchse using a voucher  ("CGIFT20") on November 9. I got a number of errors on my laptop during the purchase, so attempted on my phone. I got some errors on my phone too, but persisted. The purchase finally went through but my PayPal and credit card was debited the full amount (no discount applied). So I quickly sent a message to the vendor to ask to cancel the order or refund the 20%. I got a response saying they had spoken to ebay and ebay said the were aware of the problems and to call the 1800 number.

I did that on November 11 and the phone support staff member was very re-assuring that he would raise a refund request and dont cancel the order, I would be refunded the 20% without a doubt. The refund would be 10-15 days.

The refund never came. I called again in 10 days to check. I was then told 10-15 business days, and to call again if it didnt come then. Ok, no problem.

After 16 business days I called again and was told it was a busy time and it could be another 5 or 10 business days, but dont worry,I definately would be getting the refund. I was told the matter is with the marketing team and the staff member would contact them to get me some details. I didnt get any further details.

A week later I called again and was told by the operator they are not sure what is happening but I will get the refund.  Again I was told the matter is with the marketing team and the staff member would contact them to get me some details. Again I didnt get any follow up response. I called weekly after that to the same response of "not sure", and cant get a response from Marketing.

I've dropped frequency of may calls to ebay back to monthly now, but I have little hope. I should have just pushed the vendor to cancel the order, and waited for another bargain to pop up.

Here we are on the 2nd Feb and still no sign of a refund. Anyone have any idea how long this process can take?

Is there actually a chance I'll get my refund?

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Refund for failed voucher - still waiting nearly 3 months

Sorry, $95 in the application cost in NSW, not sure what it is in other states?
Message 21 of 25
Latest reply

isnt this just typical. if us little people are deemed to owe money its taken instantly if not sooner. but when we are owed money by big companys they stall, argue, make excuses, pretened they are doing things as soon as possible. then give you the 'its in the mail' or 'it'll be just a few days' or 'the accounts dept. are just polishing the brasswork on your cheque. ect ect.

if we try those excuses we get a late fee attached to our bill.

maybe you should attache a late payment fee to them.

Message 22 of 25
Latest reply

So now its 28 MARCH 2016, another 6 or 7 weeks has passed. Still no refund.

My suggestion back in Feb was to keep on top of this and follow up weekly.

Message 23 of 25
Latest reply

My refund finally came through Smiley Happy

01/04/2016 the refund showed up in my paypal - so it took a while, but it did happen.

I had followed up on the eBay facebook site just a fews days before and they said they would follow up again.

Not sure if all this badgering did the trick, or whether it was always going to take this long.

Anyway, now I can let it go and happily know I got the deal I thought I had !!

Thanks for everyones comments and advice.

Message 24 of 25
Latest reply

Nah, you just didn't stamp your feet hard enough or often enough.Smiley Frustrated

Ebay often drag the chain in the hopes that you will give up but do end up honouring their promises if you keep the pressure on.

Message 25 of 25
Latest reply