Refusal to send mother of pearl knives

Every time i try to bid on a pocket knife with mother of pearl handles im told it cant be sent to Australia because of customs restrictions. Absolutely ridiculous ive bought at least 6 knives with m.o.p. handles in the past before this g.s.p. **bleep** came in. When i got in touch with ebay 'help' (contradiction of terms) the best they came with is that the knives were 'gravity knives' and illegal here. Absolute load of cods wallop, all they are is small pocket knives that ive never had problems with before. There must be an angle here but i csnt work it out.
Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Thanks everyone for your responses and suggestions. Certainly made things a lot clearer, should have posted here before. Cheers-J
Message 21 of 31
Latest reply

Mother of pearl is prohibited coming from the U..S into Australia

Message 22 of 31
Latest reply

But was it in 2017, when this thread was actually current? If it was illegal then, which I believe is the case, why do you think nothing having changed warrants dragging up an old thread to add nothing of consequence?

Message 23 of 31
Latest reply

"Mother of pearl is prohibited coming from the U..S into Australia"

Not by the Australian Border Force it's not. Perhaps you'd like to provide a link to your statement ?

Otherwise self-report it to the moderators as misinformation.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 24 of 31
Latest reply

its actually illegal to import any knives into Australia from overseas unless they are kitchen knives folders pocket knifes fantasy knifes etc are illegal to import unless you hold some kind of weapon importing license even if they are sold here already its illegal for normal citizens to import them

Message 25 of 31
Latest reply

So what about fixed blade knives and multi-tool knives?  As far as I'm aware only flick-knives, butterfly knives and daggers are prohibited imposts.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 26 of 31
Latest reply

@fastbuyer777

Please tell me why a thread from 2017 has been revived for no reason other than arguing with experienced members.

Perhaps start a thread yourself for the topic you are needing to speak about and let the old threads go

Message 27 of 31
Latest reply

some fixed blade weapons are legal multi tools are legal to import but its very complex and depends on the state http://www.sportingshooter.com.au/latest/zombie-knives-banned-what-is-a-zombie-knife

Message 28 of 31
Latest reply

maybe you should be targeting who ever revived the thread before me it was only few posts down for me

Message 29 of 31
Latest reply

Please stop spamming every old thread you can find. You are not offering any relevant help and I am pretty sure the person who asked this particular question has it figured out 4 years later.

Please check the original psting date as old threads coming up for no reason is pointless and makes it dificult to answer genuine members who need help

Message 30 of 31
Latest reply