Ripped off by ebay seller and ebay wrote me off

Hello and thankyou for your help with my problem. I recently purchased a Dukes of Hazzard watch from US seller and received a cd of some obscure group from the 90’s instead . I contacted ebay who took sellers side and even removed my negative feedback for the transaction!! In the 20 Year’s on eBay this is without a doubt the worst experience l have ever had.Not only did I not get my item l paid for ( which is an eBay guarantee) my negative feedback was removed without any discussion!!! Totally gutted by this purchase and feel that l have been completely ignored by eBay and have therefore lost all faith in this site

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Ripped off by ebay seller and ebay wrote me off

@repentatleisure1952 wrote:

"it's not rare for eBay to side with a seller even if the seller is right".

Could you please explain that so someone thick like me can understand it.

@4channel wrote:

Sellers don't get ripped off as much as you suggest. Normally when facts are looked at, most sellers will have the case closed in their favour when it's shown that a buyer is trying to pull a swifty.

@repentatleisure1952 wrote:

I suggested no such thing.

And that does not explain anything.

Please read the line I quoted .

4channel writes:

Didn't you say in post #3 that "VERY rare to hear of eBay siding with a seller, even if the seller is in the right" ?

Message 21 of 28
Latest reply

Nope, I said it

Because that is how it almost always is

In the real eBay world 

Message 22 of 28
Latest reply

@snagglepuss64 wrote:
I initially opened a not received dispute but ebay ( after reading my messages to seller) clised the case then changed it to item not as described case which was later closed . The problem here began upon receipt of wrong item and when ssller was notified he completely ignored my messages. He had smple time to respond prior to my lodging of complaint with ebay

Okay, as others have said, you lost the initial dispute because you claimed item not received and the seller could prove with tracking that you had indeed received a parcel.

So you used the wrong terminology. But you say ebay then opened a 'not as described' claim for you.

This is the bit that has me puzzled, that you lost that. You say the case closed. Did you escalate it to a claim or did you just let it time out? Normally if you had escalated it, I would have thought you would have won it without too much trouble.

Never mind, nothing you can do now except open a paypal claim but read up on exactly what to do. From memory, the one time I claimed on paypal, I had to go back a week later and finalise that for a refund too. It didn't just happen automatically, or at least not for me.

Message 23 of 28
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

Wear gloves, like leather gardening or welding gloves. They'll love you! I really must get that on video.

No videos Tippy and TC but the new 'paccies nearly did a runner - luckily they followed the sheep back into my bottom paddock............

Had to celebrate a successful outcome that's why I was MIA yesterday, and partially MIA today as well...sigh

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 24 of 28
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Chinese own it 

Message 25 of 28
Latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

Chinese own it 

Own what ?

You seem to be keeping Chines sellers in business judging by fact that most of your sellers in the last 90 days are registered in China/Hong Kong.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 26 of 28
Latest reply

This thread has maggots on it from the time it has spent mouldering in its grave.

Please, spksay14072, read the date on a thread before exhuming it…

Message 27 of 28
Latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 28 of 28
Latest reply