SCAM - Chinese sellers misrepresenting item location - Equick

So here is the latest 'SCAM' many Chinese sellers are now using in their listings to convince you to buy from them as their stock is supposedly located in Australia and you will get the goods quicker.

'AU STOCK' is big and bold in their listing heading.

In fact the item is in China and they use a re-fullfilment service called Equick.cn who consolidate many sellers parcels on a daily basis and ship them to Sydney. Equick then despatch them using Australia Post from their warehouse in Botany.

Around 4-5 days after you make your purchase you finally receive the tracking advice from Australia Post, which makes you think the items are in Australia, but in fact they have not even left China.  Around 10-14 days later you finally receive the goods.

This activity is clearly misleading and a breach of eBay's 'misrepresenting item location' rules and needs to be stopped.

Message 1 of 252
Latest reply
251 REPLIES 251

Re: SCAM - Chinese sellers misrepresenting item location - Equick

It has been nearly 5 years since I originally posted this topic and very little has changed.  But I have found one new tactic the big Chinese sellers are starting to use. "NEW ZEALAND" !  Being around 2,000km and around 3 hours away by plane, it appears a much shorter distance to send your goods and generally faster ? - NOT.

With the new eBay policy GST is still collected as an import, but sadly the goods are not shipped from the 'The land of the long white cloud' - they are coming from 'The land of the big black cloud' and we all know about China's air pollution problem...

One Chinese seller who has near one million feedback appears to of built a mammoth warehouse somewhere in New Zealand but doesn't disclose the location.  Just lists a certain amount of items as location 'New Zealand' instead of China where their real warehouse is to disguise the lengthy postage times.

'Darwin' is also becoming a more popular warehouse location and some Chinese sellers have moved to 'Broome, WA' and look out for new warehouses in 'Port Moresby' (where real estate is cheap) and Timor-Leste which is even closer than New Zealand !

Message 151 of 252
Latest reply

The Cinese are the masters of selling scams, from item location miss representation, to postal scams where they are offering

Free tracking, tracking is not free, i ordered an item last month just to see, so the item was $8 Au with free tracking.

When it turned up i had to pick it up from the local PO who charged me $7.30 to collect it, because the scamming chinese seller

put the item in an envelope with one stamp and stuck a Parcel post tracking label on it.

The staff at the PO said the old scool parcel post tracking labels are only used by AU post when someone has gone and stuck the cost of parcel post in stamps on a parcel.

I have attaced a copy of the old parcel post labels they are useing, by the way this was an Australian based Chinese seller with only 12 positive feedbacks and a 100%er, more and more are appearing to be based here.

Message 152 of 252
Latest reply

Here is a picture of the item.

Message 153 of 252
Latest reply

The picture you showed never mentioned they would use a working tracking number.

Message 154 of 252
Latest reply

If you had to pay excess postage, then the item was posted in Australia and the nationality of the seller could just as well have been Australian.

Message 155 of 252
Latest reply

If they hadn't stuck the 'parcel post' sticker on it, it probably would have gotten through.

Seriously, I would've posted that in an envelope - but with 2 stamps.

Either way, problem is nothing to do with the thread title.

Message 157 of 252
Latest reply

@woodduck*2012 wrote:

The staff at the PO said the old scool parcel post tracking labels are only used by AU post when someone has gone and stuck the cost of parcel post in stamps on a parcel.

True in your case perhaps, but not entirely true. AP gave me a box to use on pre-paid satchels (without tracking) that I had purchased quite a while ago 

Message 158 of 252
Latest reply

What business is that of yours??
You're clearly supporting the rort...typical doogooder
Message 159 of 252
Latest reply

c_mount
Community Member

Greedbay will not audit these chinese sellers because they are greedbays bread and butter....lopped in caviar.....

1 DbOZJdOMIUC60NhlG7Gkgg.jpeg

Message 160 of 252
Latest reply