SHILL BIDDING reguarly

Seems one seller has a good friend 'working' for them. Was bidding on a used item that as soon as it was sold was relisted. Bit odd so asked seller why and got a very strange answer. Because of this I checked their completed items. Yes lots sold, and then same relisted - not stuff you would have 2 of either. Checked on the bidders IDs and alto blocked could see clearly the same "bidder" buys each time and then the item gets relisted straight away. Presume they just cancell the sale between them so no fees, and it increases the sale value. Not just for 1 or 2 sales but lots. This is shill bidding so why does ebay not pick this up. I am following this seller to see if it continues but seems they have a good system working for them, bad for legit buyers tho

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: SHILL BIDDING reguarly

imastawka
Honored Contributor

I don't think you're following them on that id

Message 2 of 25
Latest reply

As long as ebay are making money then ebay see no evil and here no evil lol.

And because you're a private member no other member can see who you're following either.

Message 3 of 25
Latest reply

I can see who they're following.

Message 4 of 25
Latest reply

Only if you are OP lol

Message 5 of 25
Latest reply

sorry it did not seem to attach for some reason so am I following now? Their regular buyer always has a feedback on 591at the moment

Message 6 of 25
Latest reply

Am I following now please? did not attach before 

Message 7 of 25
Latest reply

I can now see who you're following but I'm puzzled because the buyer you mentioned has feedback from over 1 year ago,so how is it 

regular shill bidding?

Message 8 of 25
Latest reply

Check out the bidding on their completed sold items  -nearly all to the same bidder with feed back score of 591, and all get relisted staright away as they do not get the price they want to boost up between them 

Message 9 of 25
Latest reply

Ah yes and that's why the feedback has stopped for this particular buyer.

Try reporting it to ebay,maybe ebay might do something about it?

Message 10 of 25
Latest reply