SHILL BIDDING reguarly

Seems one seller has a good friend 'working' for them. Was bidding on a used item that as soon as it was sold was relisted. Bit odd so asked seller why and got a very strange answer. Because of this I checked their completed items. Yes lots sold, and then same relisted - not stuff you would have 2 of either. Checked on the bidders IDs and alto blocked could see clearly the same "bidder" buys each time and then the item gets relisted straight away. Presume they just cancell the sale between them so no fees, and it increases the sale value. Not just for 1 or 2 sales but lots. This is shill bidding so why does ebay not pick this up. I am following this seller to see if it continues but seems they have a good system working for them, bad for legit buyers tho

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: SHILL BIDDING reguarly

+

@abbeyrock3 wrote:

No I have paid for anything bought.  I have already had a bid on it the other day and a necklace which I was both outbid but wasnt going any higher on the necklace anyways on that  591 had there bid cancelled for 59.00

You can get that message for any number of reasons, not necessarily because you have not paid for an item.

The seller may not post to your address, or to a PO Box if that is your address, you may have placed more bids than the seller allows from any one member.

If you try to contact the seller you may find they have blocked you from messaging for the same reason.

Message 21 of 25
Latest reply

Maybe ebay stopped them and just left the listings on? I was actually surprised they were not taken off. Ebays trust and safety confirmed that both IDs were linked, so guess the 591 feedback is their ID too?? The 591 only seemed to bid near the items finish to put the price up. I would have thought this illegal activity was enought to be removed altogether from ebay for trust and safety reasons, never mind honesty

Message 22 of 25
Latest reply

CANNOT BELIEVE THIS!!!! EBAY AGREED SHILL BIDDING WAS OCCURRING AND 4 DAYS LATER SAME BIDDER IS DOING THE SAME, AND SAME ID WITH FEEDBACK OF 591 IS STILL BEING USED TO UP THE BIDS. is ebay useless or USELESS!!! 

Message 23 of 25
Latest reply

Don't bid with them?

Message 24 of 25
Latest reply

I did initially bid, the first time. Then saw what was happening. Just trying to help other buyers not get caught with dishonesty. A good deed always pays off one day

Message 25 of 25
Latest reply