Scammer alert! A guy is selling a Tag Heuer Carrera mens watch..

This seller is selling a Tag Here Carrera watch on eBay. I contacted him last night as the item description says he would take $1000 to buy the item. Stupidly I paid the money outside of EBAY via bank transfer. The item was ended, yet was re-listed today and has another 8 or more bids on it currently. I did some searching and I have found the pics used in the item description are from another item for sale on EBAY international, which appears to be a legit ad from a trusted seller in Germany? I have contacted EBAY to report the misuse but I don't think they can do too much to stop it happening again. I have contacted my bank to start a fraud claim and I have contacted the police, and I am about to list on the Government scam site as well. 

I guess don't buy anything outside of EBAY or you lose your hard earned money, and if it sounds too good to be true, then it is, both come into play. Also, before dealing with someone check their history also as this could be a big red flag....... which I totally didn't do. 

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Sorry you got scammed.

If you go onto the fun and social boards, and click Community Spirit, there is a post there about being able to recognise a scam.  It’s a quick quiz. Maybe you should have a bit of a look.  😉

Its a hard lesson to learn, and one learned the hard way. I hope your bank can help, and I also hope the online fraud squad can stop him.  

Also, one of the boards moderators will be along shortly to edit your post. Mentioning of names is not allowed here….. no matter how bad they’ve been.  

Once bitten, twice shy…… I hope 🤞.  💋

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

All of the things you mention scream “SCAM!”, @thlucky1.

At least you realised it quickly, within a day, and your quick action may - just may - mean that your money can be retrieved.

(No guarantees, though.)

Never buy an eBay item outside the eBay process. Not only is it a risk, but it’s against eBay policy, and if you strike a seller who’s offering such a rule-flouting deal, you already know he’s dishonest.

There’s really no incentive for designer-high end items being available at significantly lower price than RRP. Therefore, if you find such an offering, your first thought should be “scam” or “fake”. 

Be aware that the “seller” now knows your name, address, bank account details, possibly phone number and email and whatever other details you provided. You should be concerned about identity theft and also about scam emails and scam phone calls. The scammer also knows you have ignored signs of a dodgy deal and red flags about a fraud/scam; that means you’re on a list as a “scammable”.

I would really urge you to do that scam quiz (I’ve linked to it in Community Spirit on these boards), and make yourself very aware of your vulnerabilities and the other types of scam that can occur.

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

Zero Feedback,  account activated yesterday, so yes I'd say you have been scammed,  hopefully you have some success with your bank, as there is nothing eb ay can do.

I have reported the current listing, so hopefully it will be pulled.

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

There is also a camera listing showing pulled from a gumtree add in the UK.

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

That is a new one, now also reported.  Hopefully ebay will act before anyone else is conned.

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

Which option are you using to report?

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

@*sons_and_daughters* wrote:

Which option are you using to report?

89429B8D-517B-4475-BC47-C47534097D13.jpeg

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

Ahhh good, that was what I used. I offered him $3,500 for the camera and said I'd give him $9,000 if he sold me the watch too. It will be interesting to see if I get a reply.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply