Seller can't send to my address and trying to force payment

Hi,

So I need some advice on this.

Purchased an item, and on checkout discovered that they will not send to PO Box. (messages comes out in checkout)

Unforunately i only accept deliveries to PO Box.

There was no mention in item description that they do not send to PO Box, as I otherwise would not have purchased of course.

Asked to cancel transaction, but buy won't cancel and have opened a unpaid item case. Seller won't respond other than to ask me to pay, even offer to pay outside of ebay direct to paypal account and would send to PO Box then, Unforunately i have already purchased elsewhere from another seller who does not have this problem.

A day later i have opened a item not described case.

Any advice on what i should do in this case?

I have seen this happen quite a few times, sellers can't send to PO Box, but item description does not say so, i don't know until it is too late (i have committed to buying). Usually sellers are pretty good and we can mutually cancel.

I think it is a flaw in ebay system, if seller can't send to PO Box (shows up in checkout), then the item description should mention as well, so potentials don't try and buy it

Thanks.

Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

How can you open a dispute for Item Not as Described when you hve not paid yet?

More to the point...why have you opened it?

I would just let the Non Paying Bidder dispute close and then appeal the strike on the grounds that the seller will not post to you.

Are you absolutely sure it is a APB dispute and not just the seller wanting to get their fees back....a Mutual Cancellation request?

Message 2 of 32
Latest reply

I have purchased quite a few items from sellers that can't send to PO boxe (which is my default address registered with eBay), and every single time I get a warning before committing to the bid or Bu It Now.

If you are not getting these warnings, I'm guessing it's because your primary postal address on file with eBay is not your PO box address.

Message 3 of 32
Latest reply

I selected that i paid elsewhere, as i was not able to open a case without saying that i paid, Obviously i could not pay as i can not go through with the transaction. But i don't know how else to open a case.

I wanted to open a case, as i would like the transaction to be closed. And would not want a unpaid item strike against me.

First time this has happened to me, and I admit i don't know the inner workings of all this dispute stuff.

Message 4 of 32
Latest reply

Actually, I've nevered received a warning before buying. Warning always come after i have fully commited to buying. I don't change the delivery address when buying, the PO Box comes up as default. But i will check my ebay account details, perhaps there is a different set of addresses to manage in there too?

Message 5 of 32
Latest reply

Sorry lyndal, i don't know what a "APB dispute" is...

And I wasn't aware that non paying bidder dispute can be appealed, i thought it was final.

The email starts with "We have opened an unpaid item case..." so its not a mutual cancellation request. I have had those (cancellations) before.

I opened my case because the item description did state the conditions of the purchase (not being able to send to PO Box). If i knew the conditions, i would not have gone ahead.

Message 6 of 32
Latest reply

So I check under my account info under: "Registered name and address"

And I have the PO Box in there,

But yes, I have *never* gotten a warning that the seller can't post to PO Box. Only something along the lines of AFTER buying, "seller can't post to po box, please change your delivery address" - but its too late i have already commited to the sale

Message 7 of 32
Latest reply

What was the item? Was it something large that would normally be delivered by courier?

Message 8 of 32
Latest reply

It was a small metal spudger "like a little scraper/lever" used for opening iphone cases etc, that costs $1.29 (sent from HK or China)

Message 9 of 32
Latest reply

So I check under my account info under: "Registered name and address"

And I have the PO Box in there,

But yes, I have *never* gotten a warning that the seller can't post to PO Box. Only something along the lines of AFTER buying, "seller can't post to po box, please change your delivery address" - but its too late i have already commited to the sale

Registration address and Primary Postage address can be two different addresses - here's a screen cap of mine (personal info blacked out), but you can clearly see that my registration address is a street address, and my Postage address is a PO Box. (Above my post will be a clickable > you can click on that then the attached image to see it in full size).

If your Postage address is the PO Box, then I'm not sure why you aren't getting the warning (it's not a separate page, it appears at the top of the confirm bid/purchase page).

Message 10 of 32
Latest reply