Seller cannot post an item, I am unable to pay. (paypal won't allow). Seller will not cancel order.

I am becoming increasingly frustrated with sellers that will not post to PO boxes. As that is my only means of receiving goods.

Sellers need to make this clear BEFORE a purchase is made. Secondly they need to respond to buyer communication promptly.

Apparently, I will end up with these items listed as unpaid against my account. Am I the only one having this problem?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Seller cannot post an item, I am unable to pay. (paypal won't allow). Seller will not cancel order.

Use the 'Add to cart' option rather than the 'Buy It Now' option - I also have a PO box address and prefer that for smaller packages, but you can't actually buy items if added to your cart and the seller won't post to PO boxes (this is true even when they have selected not to post to PO boxes, but don't block buyers from purchasing). 

When you add an item that can't be sent to a PO box to the cart, postage won't show, and if you try to proceed to checkout and buy / pay, you get an error message prompting you to change the address. 

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Sellers do have the option to block buyers who have a PO box as their primary delivery address although many will not realise this, they should also state the same in their listings but again many will not think of it.

Are you friendly with the PO staff wherever your box is located? If so would they allow you to have items sent to the address of the PO and they would just put a note in your box to say it had arrived?

You should not receive an unpaid item strike, the seller should just cancel the transaction but if they don't you will only receive a strike if the seller opens an unpaid item dispute. If they do so  call ebay using the call me back option and explain.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

I have already called ebay. They cannot force the seller to cancel the transaction.

The seller has not responded to ANY of the messages I have sent.

It is downright frustrating. I have a prefect record. I pay immediately after purchase. I always have. This is wrong. It was the sellers fault, not mine.

And why am I not infromed BEFORE committing to buy

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Why can you not address it to your street address? You do live somedhere don't you? Or a work address, someone else's address (friend, relative colleague etc)?

Plenty of ways around it. I can't think of any reason you couldn't get it addressed to your home address.
Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

My home address is not on the mail run. Items addressed to that address have a habit of going missing. I can use the address of my workplace, but this is an inconvenience, as my employer does not appreciate having to collect my parcels in the morning.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

When I was selling I blocked all buyers that had a PO BOX the reason being was that PayPal didn't cover the items if they went

missing,I'm not sure if that's still the case with PayPal now but that was my main reason.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Use the 'Add to cart' option rather than the 'Buy It Now' option - I also have a PO box address and prefer that for smaller packages, but you can't actually buy items if added to your cart and the seller won't post to PO boxes (this is true even when they have selected not to post to PO boxes, but don't block buyers from purchasing). 

When you add an item that can't be sent to a PO box to the cart, postage won't show, and if you try to proceed to checkout and buy / pay, you get an error message prompting you to change the address. 

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

We were the same last town we lived in we were not on the mail run so it was held for collection at the post office.
Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

That is a very good idea. That way I don't get caught out again. This solves my problem. Otherwise there is no way to tell until you have committed to buy

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

The other option is to create a My Post account (it's free on the Aust Post site) and use the Parcel Collect option. Instead of your address being your PO box, it will be your local post office.

e.g

John Smith

Parcel Collect 12345-67890

123 Some Street (that's the PO's street address)

Your Town 1234

The parcel collect number is your unique membership number. If you install the My Post app on your mobile device, you should be notified when it arrives and you can go pick it up. You can also opt to get an email or an SMS. You also have the option of redirecting a parcel before it is marked as for delivery today. If you have to go away suddenly, you can redirect it to either an address where you're staying, or the local PO where you'll be.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply